Provider - Spectrum

Thank you for the explanation.

Answer might be here

Getting error

abcgo: 1039:This station's live stream is not available through your TV Provider.

I’m watching it now on Abc.com

If you're getting that error when trying to view Live at https://abc.com/watch-live/abc
Here's what ABC has to say.

If you go to their Support site and look at the FAQ's, here's a few.
They basically tell you to contact your local ABC station.

Why isn't live streaming available in my location?
The live stream may not be available in your geographic area yet or your TV provider does not participate in live streaming ABC. We're working hard to add more geographic areas and more participating TV providers in the near future.

I can watch full episodes with my participating TV provider, but I can't view the live stream.
The ABC live stream is currently only available in select geographic areas. We're working hard to add more regions in the near future.

Where is the live stream available?
The ABC live stream for your local station is determined by your physical location. You must be located within each available station's local viewing area and verify your participating TV provider account to access the ABC live stream. Program substitutions may apply.
To see if you are in a supported live streaming location, please contact your local ABC station.

P.S. I don't get my Local Fox station via TVE because they don't stream 7x24.

1 Like

What? I said I’m watching it now. Meaning I can watch it live on the website.

OK, wasn't sure if you were watching their on-demand shows or live tv.
I know they use geo-location services to identify your browsers location.
My local TVE NBC channel 6000 according to NBC is WNBCDT New York, NY even though I'm in CA.
And the weird thing is they know where I'm located. TVE 6000 NBC mapped to wrong feed
Go figure.

Ok. The feed seems weird. Before I sign in it shows my local affiliate live stream. After I sign in it looks like I get a national feed, with no call letters.

Removing and re-adding the TVE source for my Spectrum account fixed the problem for me. Prior to that I'd always get "TVE: authz retries failed" in the log when trying to view a stream, even after rescanning the channel list.

1 Like

I lost about 15 channels on Spectrum (not authorized) this morning. Am I the only one?

Did you ever get the channels back? I just lost about 60 channels due to the spectrum not authorized error

Not really. TCM will work for a day or two with a manual single channel scan then stop. Same wit CNN,HLN,TBS. I miss TCM but at least their app is good and no commercials. No time shift though:(

If you're missing channels, submit diagnostics and request support. The Channels team will help.

I got mine back finally. It was in the 3rd delete and readd of the TVE source

1 Like

I don't know what changed but I am getting CNN for the first time in weeks! Also getting the others like TNT, TBS, TMC, ect.

HGTV via Spectrum stopped tuning yesterday with a “context cancelled” error. Tried re-scanning the channel, no luck. Getting “UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME” in the logs. Tried updating password, no change. Took drastic step of removing the source, but when I try to add it back I get the dreaded “context cancelled” error right away and it doesn’t add. So now it’s gone completely. Latest pre-release running on a Synology DS218+, DSM 7. Submitted diagnostics as d503a625-0301-4d28-8919-cfd1aafce0af. This reminds me of what happened to YouTube TV a week or two ago. I really hope that’s not the issue as I’ve now gone from two TVE providers to zero, and my channel list has shrunk dramatically. :cry:

Aman got back to me via e-mail and suggested I click and hold the sign in button after entering my credentials. That did the trick, channels are scanning now!

1 Like

Late to the party here lol. I have Spectrum Choice Streaming / A-La-Carte, with "locals". It's nice to be able to choose the channels I want, or should I say, my mother wants to watch. I did get to chose some. But I have TVE set up in channels for a reason. We have a Cloud DVR on Spectrum. But 100 shows total led to more conflicts. TVE + Channels DVR gets around that. :slight_smile: Slowly Spectrum is allowing more locals. I'm waiting on Aman and his crew to get back to me with an odd issue I'm having with ABC. Spectrum offers me ABC via TVE. But only my near by market. Not my local one. That's fine, as I have custom links to the local news streams. But for some reason Channels doesn't know how to process the alternate ABC selection. But with time, I know it will get resolved. :slight_smile:

I have noticed some TVE messages are one I would expect too. "Not subscribed". Others say "403 Error". Since I only have 15 channels + locals, it's not that bad going and selecting each one. Sometimes a bonus channel here and there work for a bit.

1 Like

I keep getting, then later losing CBS on TVE. I recall reading a while back that one of the networks allows TVE only during certain hours for some subscribers. CBS seems to be doing that. While ABC doesn't work at all still. Both channels work perfectly on their network websites via TVE. I will be glad when this is out of beta.

Did anyone else get a survey on cablecards? I'm worried they might be sniffing around to see if they can bin them, altogether. This is a chilling development in my house, as my ideal setup has cable service of some kind, for 2 market local sets, which no other provider is allowed to show.

No I haven’t gotten anything so far…