Local Content - Movies - how to remove?

A few months ago I tried importing a folder of movies for local content. I no longer want them shown in Channels DVR. I removed the folder and I pruned deleted. What else do I need to do to get rid of 1243 movies that were imported?

There was a bug in previous versions that would not remove imports correctly.

You have two options:

1. Add the path again to your dvr again, then remove it again. All the movies from that path should get removed from the dvr this time.

2. Or, open Powershell and run:

curl.exe -XDELETE http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/scanner/imports

THANKS the curl command works perfectly.

When deleting a movie or tv show from local content. Will Channels see that the files were removed, and remove it from it's database automatically?

It should, but if it doesn't, you can always PUT /dvr/pruner/deleted.

Doesn't for me.
You can select Local Content>Maintenance>Prune Deleted from the web UI.
Screenshot_2020-11-26 Channels DVR(1)

I want to replace my plex server out. That’s my goal. Tv scheduling, recording, and the interface is so much nicer in channels DVR.

Plus the integration with philo and other services including m3u’s makes the a full rounded product.

The following are features that will make this complete for me.

• Deletion of local content from the UI
  • User Profiles only allow the main the ability to delete and such
  • Granular control of scanning local content, deletion of missing files automatically and clean up

Starting with v2021.02.24.2307, imported videos which have been sent to Trash will be deleted off of the disk when the Trash is cleaned out. This fixes the issue where deleting an imported video would make it reappear after a few days (when it got scanned in again).

1 Like