Local Content - TV matching source?

Love all the new updates! I've recently ditched Plex and moved everything over to Channels and am loving things like Virtual Channels and Kids Collections.

What is the matching source for local TV content? Plex I know used thetvdb. I have an episode of Bluey that is new (Season 3, episode 1) which is on there, but doesn't seem to be on whatever Channels is using (fix incorrect match only shows Bluey with 2 seasons). With movies I see two sources to match on so I know what they are, but tv seems to be automatic and I'm just curious what source it is (and if it's user sourced so I can submit something).

Thanks!

Imported movies default to TMDB; TV shows use Gracenote.

Thanks! Nielsen owned, looks like I'll just be waiting.

There have been discussions about adding support for TVDB or TMDB for TV shows, but that's still on the to-do list.

Gracenote has that show listed under three shows with the same Title, see Episode Guide tabs for episodes
Bluey (2019) SH032986510000
Bluey (2020) SH030600840000
Bluey (2021) SH032915210000

There’s no plans to add anything else for tv shows since other sources don’t use our 4:3 aspect ratio for tv show art.

1 Like

:expressionless: Not even after you add 'the clock' ?

2 Likes

Thanks. Seems to all be 2 seasons (or less). Bluey airs first in Australia so I’ll just have to live without descriptions for awhile I’m guessing.

Just curious if this an issue because it's "baked in" like the DVR port "8089" is.

I know you started out with Live TV on the ATV before you created the DVR, so really don't understand why a 4:3 Poster image of a show is more important than an Episode Title and description.

For young kids I understand pictures convey more meaning than words and I agree a proper picture is worth a thousand words.

I haven't tried it yet, but since you dumped Plex like I did, might be worth checking out.

Not sure how much this differs from Channels' own support of a similar feature:

I'm pretty sure you have to be able to import it into Channels DVR first before that works?
Besides, the OP mentions that in his post.

I'm not blaming the devs for anything.
In fact I love Channels DVR enough that I'm still a Monthly subscriber after 3.5 years.
I work around issues if I want something bad enough out of it that it doesn't do.

I think Plex has moved away from TVDB. If you set TVDB as the main agent now, you get a notification that you need to "uprade" your library.

1 Like

Plex uses their own library.

What?

They use TMDB now for both movies and tv, mostly.

TMDB is one of their agents but the default is Plex TV Series.

Are you saying they have started their own database from scratch?

All I know is Plex TV Series is the default .... but it appears they also use TMDB.