Local Content / Virtual Channel permissions help

Hi -

I have my Channels DVR server running alone on an old-ish Win 10 desktop.

My content is on a Synology NAS. Both are connected to the same network.

I can see the content from the Win10 File explorer, but the log tells me:

2022/09/27 11:18:31.101604 [ERR] Failed to read directory \NAS\data\VirtualTV: open \NAS\data\VirtualTV: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

2022/09/27 11:18:37.610765 [ERR] Scanner error walking \NAS\data\VirtualTV: CreateFile \NAS\data\VirtualTV: The user name or password is incorrect.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Are you running in system tray or as a service?

You may need to make a mapped drive with the user/pass and use that.

I'm running it as a service.

I just mapped it to drive V. It didn't prompt for user/pass. I can open that mapped share in File Explorer but Channels doesn't list it as available for scanning in the Local Content section.

I appreciate the help and thanks for your reply!

There's sometimes extra registry settings for mapped drive access

I'm sorry to say that didn't work.

I put in the reg key, rebooted, then tried again.

The mapped drive doesn't show up for selection.

I will only be limated help. I use Asustor. However I found a synology help article anout mapping drive.

I hope it helps.

The mention this in troubleshooting.

If you keep running into errors during setup on a Windows 10 computer, you can remove any registered Windows Hello sign-in options at Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Windows Hello Face / Windows Hello Fingerprint / Windows Hello PIN. When you’re done, set up the connection again using Synology Assistant.

Why not run Channels on the Synology? Also make sure the service is running as a user with permissions to the network share. The default service account does not have network access.

Thank you everyone.

I changed the permission settings as advised and everything is working the way I expected it to.