Local Fox Suddenly Missing, Timeouts

What are you running Channels DVR Server on?

I have the Beelink Mini S Intel 11th Gen 4-Cores N5095 device with Ubuntu Server on there.

Everything was working fine at some point because I was able to get all the TVE channels to be scanned and working when I first set everything up, Although FOX never was scanned properly. It works via the website directly though so I know it's available to me from my Spectrum account.

1 Like

I had to remove snapd ....

I did that too. I then installed Google Chrome directly. It's installed, it just won't start because of this error:

[1847:1847:1109/165448.265060:ERROR:ozone_platform_x11.cc(239)] Missing X server or $DISPLAY
[1847:1847:1109/165448.266264:ERROR:env.cc(255)] The platform failed to initialize. Exiting.

However, I do have that installed, it just acts like it's not there.

1 Like

I think i uninstalled Chromium after and then re-installed via directions on the channels docs.

1 Like

yeah, installing the latest pre-release did not work for me either unfortunately. It doesn't even seem to try scan for local Fox channel. I am now getting a failed: context deadline exceeded for BTN and Desportes

1 Like

I am not sure when it happened, but I noticed today that the TVE version of my local FOX channel is now there. I didn't manually scan it, just noticed it randomly. I have been updating to each beta DVR update, so something changed.

1 Like

Updating to latest pre-release did not work for me unfortunately.

1 Like

Still no resolution for me on this. Anyone else still having trouble with local fox?

2 Likes

You can try the new prerelease

1 Like

I just lost FOX using TVE.....I am running 2023.01.11.0120

I checked my logs and around 1/1 I was watching FOX without error....

I'm running 2023.01.14.0039 and still not FOX via TVE. I have DirecTVnow and when I rescan it doesn't even scan FOX anymore

For locals, you need to toggle the experimental Local Networks via TV Everywhere option checkbox About TV Everywhere to rescan then

Open your Channels DVR web admin UI in a browser using Secure HTTPS.
Toggle [ ] Local Networks via TV Everywhere off, then on.
Your browser should ask you to allow location service and then it will scan your locals.
May take a few minutes, You'll see a spinner as it scans them.

2 Likes

@mcouture follow the steps @chDVRuser laid out. I will add that rescanning during prime time tends to have higher success rates. Particularly for FOX.

2 Likes

Ah yes! toggling the local networks via TV Everywhere did the trick. Thanks!

1 Like

Didn’t work for me unfortunately

If you are not in a Fox Corp owned market make sure you toggle local TVE during prime time or when national broadcast are scheduled.

1 Like

Fox disappeared from my listings last night. I rescanned channels (around 9PM) multiple times and removed and readded both of my sources (Verizon and YoutubeTV). I unchecked the allow TVE for local channels (only experimental that is checked) and rechecked it. I live in the Philly area and have had Fox working fine since Locast went away. Any ideas on what else I can try? Thanks

1 Like

I also lost Fox about a week ago when I deleted and added back my YouTubeTV source to reactive my Discovery channels.

I’m also in the Philly area and tried everything you did above too. No luck and not sure what to try next.

Edit: I just updated to the latest prerelease build and after toggling the Local TVE Channels option I got Fox back after a rescan.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.