M1 Macs - iOS Apps

You can turn it off and use right click when you want to Play To

2 Likes

I'm not seeing that option (tested with the Play To switch on and off). Clicking Watch starts playback without a prompt:

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 4.26.41 PM

Are you using latest TestFlight build?

1 Like

Yes sir:

1 Like

Working now in 10.25.2139, thanks!

1 Like

Hey all. I haven't been here in a bit, but saw an update to the Channels app specifically identifying improvements mentioned above in TestFlight. I've been on a trip, but I just remoted into my home M1 and verified that the resize bug is fixed on my machine too, so it's been released. Great work!

1 Like

Any chance of making a Catalyst version of the iPad app for Intel based Macs? I'm assuming what's working on M1 and M2 Macs is basically the iPad version of the app, and as other's have experienced, it works surprisingly well! I'd love to have a similar experience on my 27" Intel iMac.

Delivering a Catalyst version vs just making the iPad version available are two completely different things. There's no plans to deliver and maintain a Catalyst version at the moment as we've not been particularly impressed with Catalyst and how apps based on the technology fare between macOS releases.

Maybe one day when it gets stable, we'll take a look at it. But this falls in the same category of our answer on new clients. There's no plans to launch and maintain new clients for new platforms right now.

Hey, just discovered this free tweak. With one checkbox, it adds big improvement to the text display in iPhone/iPad apps, like Channels DVR, on M1 Macs. Very cool!

1 Like