Master-list Free Working M3U (Custom Channels)

I was able to get it working. I completely removed it and then updated the M3U and XML again and it updated after a few minutes. Thank goodness!

2 Likes

All of the custom channels and EPGs that use ā€œcutt.lyā€ URLs weren't working for me this morning.

I found this post on the Whirlpool forums which explains what's happened though. All of the individual cutt.ly links from the DeltaSr95 github were removed in favor of one large combined list. There is also an xml.gz link which provides pretty good guide data, I'm seeing channel logos and descriptions, but no poster art for movie/show/episodes. Can't beat the price though!

This combined (and only) list now includes the following:
DistroTV
LocalNow
WatchYour. TV
galxyTV
KlowdTV
Airy. tv
Veely. tv
Toon Goggles
SportsTribal. tv
Jungo+
[adult swim]

Of course, be mindful that the channel list now exceeds 500, which is Channels' DVR limit for Custom Channel additions, so you'll have to prune it accordingly.

5 Likes

Ill login and modify original post tonight. Im still at work now

In meantime. M3u4u is your best friend for editing your m3u playlist. Its a free online editor.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder about this great tool. I'd tinkered with it a few months back but since none of my m3us were that big, and everything was working fine in Channels DVR, I didn't see the personal need for it. But now I get it!

m3u4u is a great way to take a "peek inside" an m3u to see what channels will be offered before integrating it into Channels DVR. Over time I've also gathered a rather oddball collection of (yes, free/legal) m3u's which made Channels DVR webUI a little awkward to manage so being able to consolidate and clean up my various list(s) is very welcome indeed.

1 Like

I just tried loading the combined playlist. Without editing. It loaded 500 channels. So far it looks like its working.

1 Like

Yes, channels is only showing us the first 500 channels. But m3u4u, my new "best friend," shows all 713. I'm personally interested in less than 100 of these though.

2 Likes

Can someone explain how to get the guide data working with the combined.xml.gz?

3 Likes

Seems these links are having issues, I just updated and the channel list went down to 11 and the EPG isn't populating.

6 Likes

Ill give it a few days to see if Matt can fix it. If not ill edit list up top

5 Likes

Looks like it was just a temporary glitch. I refreshed/downloaded again and now Samsung TV Plus channels are working again.

3 Likes

Mind telling me what you put in for the guide data to work?

6 Likes

Same as listed above

Channel listing:
https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/us.m3u8

EPG:
https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/us.xml

2 Likes

Did you get the combined channels guide working?

3 Likes

Yes, using the links I referenced above, found in this post:

Iā€™m using the original links, not the shortened ones. Channels DVR limits custom sources to 500 channels though.

4 Likes

Thanks for the listings.

I used the PBS source, but get 0 channels. Is this because of protections, so it won't work?

Also, used the Free2ViewTV. I get and can view the channels, but there is no guide information - just the channel logo. Do you have the URL for the guide information?

Thanks.

2 Likes

I too have tried the Free2ViewTV m3u, but also cannot get any of the guides they show to populate anything.

1 Like

Free2view tv does not have a correspong EPG. It is a compilation of many M3U files.

You can try the deltasr95 epg with them.

Most people using Free2ViewTV are using dedicated IPTV players that allow you to use multiple EPG on a single source.

Free2ViewTV is a combo of SS, Pluto and more. Then designed to have as few duplicate channels and overlap as possible.

I like Free2ViewTV idea of not incorporating illegal, drm, pay tv sources. Ie ethical sources.

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation!

2 Likes

Hello! I read the note above about free and ethicalish. Do people run this with a VPN? I assume that is not necessary, since these are freely available with apps or TVs or whatnot. I even have a Plex Pass (paid) and Pluto (login) account, etc., so not against paying or subscribing but love having it all in one app. However just wondering if there is a concensus on this topic. Channels with local content and this freeview stuff is basically the cord cutters dream and seemingly safe. Also., to piggy back on the free and ethhicalish, is recording for personal consumption okay, I guess if first Q is okay, saving for own viewing is fine to, similar to an "digital" VCR??? I basically just want a few channels from each of these providers and this is perfect for guide/TV people. Thanks for any feedback and thank you for those curators that keep this maintained.

5 Likes

VPN should not be required.

Add all source and combine it with Automatic channels collections

2 Likes