Match Content for Live TV Question

Can someone help me out. I’m confused with the settings on ATV. What is the difference If I have Match Frame Rate “on” in ATV settings vs Match Content for Live TV “on” in Channels settings? Do they do the same thing? Thanks

The setting in Channels allows you to ignore the match content feature you have set globally, for live tv.

This is mostly a feature for European customers.

1 Like

Hi. I’m a European customer. If I enable match content globally then all my channels have terrible lip sync and judder issues.

If I turn off match content globally then it’s better.

Doesn’t seem to matter if the channels ‘match content’ is on or off.

Any advice?

Thanks

Try setting your appletv to 4k SDR turn on match frame rate (this being off usually causes choppy video) and match content (changes mode to hdr if you are playing hdr content). Turn off all post processing on your TV. Anything and everything that "enhances" turn it off.

Try that and see how it looks.

1 Like

More info from another thread. Obviously in Europe, you are not 59.97fps. Just set the frame rate on ATV to your most common frame rate to reduce matching as much as possible.

I’m just watching the frame rate change in the stats window.

All smooth at 50fps for a few seconds after changing channel. But then (for no apparent reason) drops to 25fps. Occasionally jumps back to 50. Seems like the Apple TV is struggling deinterlacing. Think I occasionally see this in other apps.

All channels are received at 1080i@50

Change to experimental video and experimental deinterlacer and give that a try

Yes that does make a big difference

Experimental Video driver made the most, but I think the deinterlacer is helping too.

Many thanks.

No problem. Check your tv image processing as well you might be able to make things looks even better. Most tv manufacturers do a horrible job with post image processing.

1 Like