MCEBuddy - Channels DVR files

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Invoke-WebRequest -Method put http://127.0.0.1:8089/hacks/mcebuddy
Invoke-WebRequest : 404 page not found
At line:1 char:1

• Invoke-WebRequest -Method put http://127.0.0.1:8089/hacks/mcebuddy
  •   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-WebRequest], WebExc
     eption
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand

Looks like I typo the URL. Fixed the command.

Ok it worked. What exactly is this going to do?

It will create a json metadata file for each recording, which can be read by mcebuddy beta so it knows the correct show name and episode details.

ok I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for working on this!

The first recording did the same as previous ones have been doing.

Do you see a .json file next to the .mpg file?

nope

I see it on the next recording that ends in 25 mins

Did it work?

Yep. I had to change a setting in MCEBuddy but it worked that a charm!

Cool. Which setting?

The setting to force the file to be renamed.

Is this power shell command assuming the DVR server is on the computer where MCEBuddy is running? If Iā€™m running MCEBuddy on a separate computer, do I simply replace the URL with that of my DVR server?

Yes

Any chance that Sporting Events could go into a different folder than TV Shows. Like Sports maybe? I need MCEBuddy to not rename them like the TV Shows.

In the mcebuddy json file we are marking sports already, so it should be smarter about it. Can you check one of the json file and verify it says "IsSports":true

It does & I am going to try to make some changes in MCEBuddy.

You should be able to set up conversion rules in MCEBuddy to process sports shows differently. For example, I have some shows that are converted to MP4 and moved to different folders so my kids can see them in Plex in different libraries.

Yes i was able to make the changes needed to make it work