Minimalistic Slim Seek bar option/ Transparent Background

Request a option to enable a Minimalistic Seek Bar during playback in the client apps.

Either a simple crop of just the current timeline seek bar only, i don't need to see the program info on the seek bar, as you can just tap down and the top bar/quick guide shows that info.

Or, ideally, make the minimalistic seek bar just the slim flat bar, alike to how Infuse player or the native Apple Tv seek bar overlay is in other apps.

Transparent background option for both current and a minimal version also would be welcome and usefull, as the current solid background covers up alot of the lower portion of the screen when it comes up. That is something i miss from the modded Carbon version app for Android, as the transparent background allowed me to FF through news and still read the lower thirds and stop at headlines i wanted to watch.

2 Likes

Bumping this.... the seek bar covers things in shows I watch regularly, when i seek through the boring parts. Like On Patrol Live, the status banners they have up....

This is the seek bar in Infuse app player.

100% agree. Had this thought watching football yesterday.

You CAN go to playback options (I think) and turn of the timeline altogether.

A slim option would be great, and should probably even be the default. I don’t need to be told the name of the program I’m watching every time I seek.

I've been asking for this for a while. Devs seem to have no interest in it. Only option is to turn it off entirely.

I also would like to see that bar translucent. Both my wife and I find it annoying when it covers something your trying to see. I also think the little icon is not needed and redundant but I would like to see the channel number somewhere not just the network.

I'm fine with the current timeline as I like how it shows different colors in TV recordings for the program vs commercials. Not sure if that would be possible with the native timeline like shown in other apps. However, I'd be open to the change if it would fix the issue which started back in August 2023 and still hasn't been resolved:

Well, what do ya know... a slim seek bar exists, WHEN, there is no guide data...

Please make this an option to use this on all channels with guide data... again, i do not need to see the show i am watching on the seek bar. (some may want it, so, of course, it should be a user enable/disable option)

1 Like

That has nothing to do with the overall size of the seek bar, or what i am requesting.
The coloring would remain on the white seek bar itself..
My last post shows what i mean about slim seek bar, with no program info above it.
(which is a thing when the channel does not have guide data)