Missing recorded/scheduled programs after 3.2.29 iOS update

Thanks for getting it fixed! Just updated my iPhone and iPad and all is good.

1 Like

You are blowing this way out of proportion. The Channels team of 3 developers puts out updates with new improvements nearly every day. They always have beta tests. Developer made a rare mistake that caused you not to be able to view your recordings for a few hours during the workday on a Tuesday morning. And then they fixed it. Holy shit! What are you gonna do without your TV Recordings for a couple hours? Give it a break.

5 Likes

Exactly... mistakes happen and these guys jumped on it right away to fix it and acknowledged it. Large companies release code with bugs all the time and good luck getting it fixed let alone getting them to even acknowledge it.

I can't stand it when people get all high and mighty and start spouting off about code management procedures and shit every time someone makes a mistake.

1 Like

Casting it from Chrome browser still worked if he really needed to watch a recording. Gee even I can go a few hours waiting for a fix. He's a Tivo user, I cant imagine what he would do if I happened with That system. I cant get support from them to fix their freaking guide due to the broadcasters repack.

You are blowing this way out of proportion.

Really? I asked how it happened, which is a valid question. It was not a minor feature that was broken. It was the primary feature of the software.

I've had Channels DVR now for about a month. This is the first update I've downloaded and it was 100% broken. That is why had some concern and why I raised the question. I don't have a history of dozens of updates that were flawless, and now one that not. The only one I've seen was completely broken.

They fixed it quickly, and that's great. Hopefully the process that allowed it to get out is identified and corrected, so it does not happen again.

I really want Channels to succeed. It looks like the best solution available.

Also, until you told me, I had no idea it's only 3 developers. It is a very impressive product for such a small team.

He's a Tivo user, I cant imagine what he would do if I happened with That system.

I've never lost a recording or had the system prevent me from view recording in 20 years of Tivo use, So yeah I would be upset if they released an update that did either of those. are you suggesting that you'd be fine with that?

I don't like Tivo's business practices, etc. but the on good thing about them is the systems core functionality is rock solid.

Thanks for the quick fix!

1 Like

I just got home and discovered I have this issue too. How do I update my channels apps to fix this? Thanks.

Open your App Store, go to purchased, recently updated, update

Perfect! All is working now and thank you! Also a side note, Iā€™m another happy channels user. Itā€™s been great and perfectly stable for me except for this one instance.

Stevesreed,

Don't let this one-time occurrence color your experience with Channels. Channels has been one of the best systems I've used and it's well worth the money. I've been running the Beta versions in TestFlight for months and haven't had any problems. A subscription to Channels is money well spent, especially for people like me who use OTA as their primary source of TV.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: DVR process stopping on Synology

You are remembering things incorrectly. There was a massive bug that was rebooting TiVoā€™s during the 8-9pm hours and it was messing up recoding all over the place. Thatā€™s just 1 issue TiVo had. Thereā€™s plenty more.

You are remembering things incorrectly.

I'm glad you know my experiences and memories better than I do. :slight_smile:

There may have been an issue, but I did not head about, experience it, not did I loose recordings.

If I did, I would have been justifiably upset.

I'm no long a fan of TiVo. They have squandered all the good will they had long ago. But the one thing I liked about them was the reliability of the recordings. That's literally to only reason I kept using them as long as I did. Other option I tried over the years all seem to miss recording or have other issues.

ChannelsDVR seems like the best option available today. I'm hopefull it lives up to it's potential.

Well Tivo has really done it now. They updated with something Called Tivo +. and guess what. it doesn't work. It starts up streaming a video, but wait, I cant get out of it. I clicked on every button on the remote. Nothing!!!!!!. Screen just goes black with some gawd awful music. Have to do the power reboot. I canā€™t believe the developers would update software that doesnā€™t work. Hum that sounds similar from earlier post in here. Now my guide is junked up with stuff I will never click even if they fix Tivo+ app.