MLB.TV for Channels

Can someone please check the kc royals feed and report back if they get a “event will begin shortly” or “this stream is off air”? Strangely I’m getting the event shortly on channels but off air when using VLC and it’s only this one channel.

"off-air" here (first pitch = 9:10 EDT)

Does anyone know how to downgrade to 1.8.3 using the Portainer UI? Thanks

Click on the container then click duplicate/edit and fill in the image as follows then redeploy the container

2 Likes

Thanks, I also needed to reset my MLB.tv password, but whenever I try to update my env settings in Portainer, it just keeps the original entries even though I entered something new. Any idea how to change the env variable using the Portainer UI?

You might want to switch to using Docker-Compose, which is supported through Portainer-Stacks. A suggested compose can be seen here:

Don't edit the compose unless absolutely necessary, everything you need to specify that's unique to your setup can typically be done using the established environment variables.

In my last screenshot under the red arrow is says “env” click that. Make the changes and then redeploy the container again to save the changes

Right, that's what I try, it lets me edit the text before I click Deploy the container, but afterward, the env text just revert back to what it was to begin with.

sorry guys, i'm here. was in europe for a while so i haven't been doing much. i'll take a look and see what i can figure out.

6 Likes

Same...but at least 1.8.3 works well...

1 Like

I moved back to 1.8.3 to fix the previous issue. Today, all my MLB channels say no game available even though the streams actually work. I’ve restarted the docker container and also redownloaded XML. Anyone seeing this issue?

Edit to say that I know at the time of this post, no games are on. Mets Rockies earlier worked but showed like this in the guide.

1 Like

A little late to comment on guide earlier today but my games recorded correctly. The guide data is blank now for the all star break though. You can check your guide data for the future games by going to the web ui guide and selecting Friday and check if there is data. I can confirm I’m getting guide data for games on Friday and Saturday and there is no guide data until Friday.

1 Like

I've tried 1.8.3, 1.8.8 and latest, no dice on any of them.

2024/07/19 23:41:38.300082 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch791-dANY-ip127.0.0.1: M3U: Stream Not Available
2024/07/19 23:41:38.300082 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch791-dANY-ip127.0.0.1 (out=0s finished=false first_seq=0 last_seq=-1)

It seems there's a larger issue at hand: Video feeds no longer authenticate or play with the older MLB API used by this image (there are similar reports on other MLB stream repos):

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 12.58.04 AM

{ "errors": [ { "code": "access-token.invalid", "description": "auth.bad-partner" } ] }
3 Likes

mlb.tv is broken due to the new api that they have implemented. I'm sure that the containers will be updated for the different projects. Right now there is project that is working but m3u support hasn't been added yet. The author told me that it is high on his priority list. He also said he would try to get radio feeds working as the primary audio stream specifically for use with channels :wink: I installed the container but its pre alpha and doesn't work right as of now. so hopefully soon things will be sorted out.

3 Likes

@slampman are you running the Eplus container for MLB as well? Is it working? I don’t want to waste my time setting an eplus container if it’s broken for MLB as well.

Yeah I have all 3 (eplus, @crackers8199 container, & mlbserver) and they are all broken.

4 Likes

Just tried the kodi plugin (and the webui) and that worked. I guess I'll just integrate that into my kodi homescreen and use that in the interim

I got the docker up and running.
Went to the stream that was provide din the web browser and found the m3u link.
Stream plays great in channels. When they go to break at laeast here i'm getting he loop of baseball sounds will they let us know that commercial break is in progress.
If you want to wat the games in channels, it can be done with this new docker

2 Likes

I just finished watching the Padres using the m3u from the alternative container and it seemed to work.
When the broadcast goes to commercial break, you get a video file of random ballpark stuff with the commercial break in progress.
looking forward to seeing how it can be connectd to channels.
I love being able to bring up previous days games.

1 Like