MLB.TV for Channels

Yep, that’s done on the MLB server side, no way that it can be coded around (not that @crackers8199 would want to even if he could)

2 Likes

this works great thanks - trying to get a passthrough network config working now

yup, when you try to load a game MLB will resolve your location and either load or not load the stream for you. if you're in a blackout region, you'll see a message on screen telling you that the game is unavailable due to blackout restrictions.

Can we get something like this to help with running the command correctly: https://github.com/maddox/pluto-for-channels/blob/main/README.md

2 Likes

the syntax you need for the run command is up in the first post in this thread. you can use the run command or docker-compose, either one will work. all of the env vars and what they do are in that post as well.

i can work on putting together a readme, but it's just going to be the same information that's already there above...

35 posts were split to a new topic: Docker help needed for MLB.TV for Channels

works great on synology docker. no issues so far.

glad i released this just in time for everyone to watch that no-hitter tonight!

2 Likes

Thank you for this release - resolved my issues - working great and video resolves very quickly

1 Like

Sorry for noob questions. I've read of docker, never installed it. New to Channels, too, but becoming a quick convert.

Docker in this case does NOT run on the Channels unit (I'm using a Pi model 4), right? A linux or windows box that needs to stay running?

1 Like

you can run it on the same server you're running channels on, but you don't have to. whatever machine you run it on does need to be on all the time, of course...and if you're going to use a new box for it, i'd strongly recommend linux. docker on windows works, but in my experience is way more complicated to set up and keep running than on linux. on linux it just works...

1 Like

I’d never used Docker before and had no idea how to use it. But then I found Docker Desktop, which made it pretty easy. I’m using it on a Mac that is also my Channels DVR, and it’s integrating channels from Pluto TV and Stirr and MLB at Bat. All via threads I read here.

3 Likes

This topic is for the MLB project. For help with basic usage of docker, please create another topic or use one of the many many tutorials found online.

4 Likes

So in order to use MLB.tv you have to set up docker? Is there an easier implementation in the works?

1 Like

i'm not sure what would be considered an "easier" implementation...docker is pretty damn easy to get set up and running, even if you have limited or no experience with it.

2 Likes

Easier as in just adding an m3u tuner.

1 Like

his docker is what authenticates to mlb and creates the m3u and xml so you can just add an easy m3u tuner. how much easier is it supposed to get when mlb doesnt give you an authenticated m3u and xml?

Ah, that's why docker is needed. Different than how TVAnyWhere works I suppose where the providers are sending over the authenticated m3u?

no, tve is different.

Got it. It would be nice if MLB.tv could work the same (or be integrated into) TV Anywhere.

2 Likes