Docker help needed for MLB.TV for Channels

I appreciate your work for sure. I'm having a hard time with getting this one started. When I paste the docker run command above into windows powershell like I did with pluto I'm getting error messages.

what error message are you seeing? i'm happy to help if i can.

1 Like

try this...

docker run -p 8080:8080 --name channels-baseball -v storage_app:/var/www/html/storage/app -v storage_logs:/var/www/html/storage/logs -e APP_URL='http://server.ip:8080' -e MLB_USERNAME='xxx' -e MLB_PASSWORD='xxx' -e MLB_PLAYLIST_FIRST_CHANNEL='777' -e MLB_TEAM_ORDER='NYM,SDP,PIT,LAA,ATL,MIA,PHI,WAS,CHC,CIN,MIL,STL,ARI,COL,LAD,SFG,BAL,BOS,NYY,TBR,TOR,CWS,CLE,DET,KCR,MIN,HOU,OAK,SEA,TEX' -e MLB_BITRATE='5600' -e MLB_TIMEZONE='America/Los_Angeles' matty8199/channels-baseball:1.0.0

of course, make sure you put your username and password and the appropriate app url in the appropriate spots.

1 Like

Thank you. I'll give it a shot. What about with the docker-compose yml?

1 Like

the docker-compose.yml should work as is (with your username/password and app url).

docker-compose up -d channels-baseball

thank you! That seemed to work I think. But got the following error message on the second part...screenshot 2

you have to save the text in the first post above as docker-compose.yml and edit it to suit your system (change username, password, and app url). enter the directory where you saved the docker-compose.yml and run that docker-compose command there.

1 Like

I appreciate your response, but I don't even know how start doing what you're saying to do...

I kinda get your point but the two are interrelated. Care to share one that shows my question that someone new can understand because I've been looking through several the past couple days and haven't found one that's been real helpful yet.

1 Like

there are tons of tutorials out there on how to get docker running on any number of different operating systems. the reason i suggested linux is because with something like ubuntu, you can literally get docker up and running with just a few terminal commands (it has been a while since i messed with it on mac or windows, but i remember it being much more of a PITA than it was and is on really any linux distro).

also, i get what you're saying about the two being related, but going in depth on how to get docker running is really not something we should be going into on this particular thread, as it'll clutter the entire topic and make things more difficult for anyone who's trying to get just this container running and having issues.

1 Like

I have this for Windows installed.

I've had Docker Desktop up and running from when I got the Pluto custom channels release installed. After installing it and inputting the commands as written on the github page on Windows Powershell it installed correctly pretty easily.

Go back and look at the image I posted shows Docker Desktop. But, it looks like I forgot the username and password when running the docker run command for this release. If I try to rerun the command with that information it spits an error back at me.

This is the error message when running the first command with my user name and changing Lost Angeles to Chicago.mlb error message

1 Like

you need to pick a different port as 8080 is already being used.

2 Likes

Delete the old container to free up the port before recreating it.

Picture 1 appears to look like the first command is running. However, I'm getting an error message running command 2. Do you know how to fix it?docker latest docker latest 2

You only need one command or the other, not both. docker compose is an alternative to docker run

1 Like

Thank you for responding! I only was trying to do what cracker said here: you have to save the text in the first post above as docker-compose.yml and edit it to suit your system (change username, password, and app url). enter the directory where you saved the docker-compose.yml and run that docker-compose command there.

If I run the command put change "compose up" to "channels run" the attached image shows a error

1 Like

You don't need docker compose. Your docker screenshot shows channels-baseball is running already just like pluto-for-channels. You're already done with the docker portion.