MLB.TV for Channels

@AeroR1 i'm going to see if maybe i can stitch the streams together (so that game 1 would be followed by "off air" when it ends followed by game 2 when it starts without having to reload the channel, but i'm not entirely sure i'll be able to make that work. we'll see...

in the meanwhile though, i'm going to decrease the cache time on the off air stream if between games of a DH to at least resolve the problem for watching it live at the moment. i'll also split the DH into two guide blocks, but that could introduce other issues like i mentioned earlier. we'll see how that goes...

1 Like

pushed version 1.2.1 (and updated first post to reflect), includes the doubleheader / off air cache handling we talked about earlier today. let me know if there are any issues.

Since mlb changed thier ATV app I have been using this exclusively. It is so much better :slightly_smiling_face:
Actually I just realized you could swipe down and change games without going back to the guide. That is awesome.

1 Like

This is fantastic. Thank you very much @crackers8199 the new version is working flawlessly for me so far. I found a grouping of channels close to the rest of the "SPORTS" channels for TVE 6220-6249 (30 Channels) so I don't have to scroll so far on my NVIDIA shield.

Thank you.

Is there a way to add the attribute for the MLB channels so they show up when you filter for sports in the EPG? I have looked and cannot seem to find an answer or even a breadcrumb to start looking. Any help would be appreciated to direct me to the right forum or if I am asking the right question.

Thanks

I found this in another thread. Would we be able to script this into the "docker-compose" script that generates the EPG file?

I tried the below in a static file and both did not work:

Category

tmm1
Channels Developer

Nov '20

**Your xmltv would need to tag movies correctly using <keyword>movie</keyword> or <category>Movie</category>**

Thanks. It's working great.

we are working on that, yes.

1 Like

can someone take a look at the guide right now and tell me if you're seeing the Rockies feed in the guide on the pirates channel, and nothing in the guide on the Rockies channel?

1 Like

@crackers8199
That is what it looks like to me. I can click on the Rockies feed and see the game.

1 Like

hmm....i need to sort this out then. if i look at the epg right now, it's correct...so there must be a glitch for when channels last loaded the epg where that was showing incorrectly.

edit: nevermind, i see what happened now. working on fixing it.

just pushed 1.2.2, which has a fix for the guide issue just discussed plus some other minor enhancements.

this version also includes a new root display page, which you can visit at http://server.ip:8080 to get links to the epg and m3u - will eventually include current version and update notifications, but we're not there yet.

2 Likes

Thank you! Happy memorial day weekend

You’ll get a gold star or cookie if you can have the radio calls as secondary audio.

I want Howie Rose instead of these fox idiots!

Great work man.

lol, working on that as we speak actually for the exact same reason. i am watching the game on my roku right now because of that...the annoying part is that the overlay isn't lined up right. the audio is a split second ahead of the video.

the other annoying thing is that you can only overlay the home audio. i'm trying to figure out a way around that too.

3 Likes

i have this semi-working. i can hear howie and wayne but it keeps flipping back and forth between them and the FOX crew every other second. still messing with it but this is further than i thought i'd get in just an hour or so of messing with it...

2 Likes

I’m not an mlb.tv subscriber because my local team would always be blacked out but I just wanted to chime in and say a big thank you to @crackers8199 for all the work it took (and continues to take) to put this together for the community. Great stuff. Much appreciated. Makes me wish I had more free time to do the same.

2 Likes

i need to take a break, have some outside work i need to get done with the sunlight we have left...i'll work on this again tomorrow or maybe with the later games tonight if there's time left in them. i'm sure there's something obvious i'm missing.

2 Likes

is anyone here an expert on m3u8 playlists and changing the audio in them that can help me with this?

Great job, @crackers8199! This is super useful, but do you know how far in advance the guide should load the next days games. I'm not seeing any blocks for the live games yet and thus can't set my recording.