MLB.TV for Channels

My sports collection in my guide on ATV shows them as sports.

On iPhone, in on later, sports section, preferred baseball, they show up. So for guide purposes the sports tag is working but in playback seek duration settings it uses normal not sports. If you have an mlb recording can you check by changing to 3 sec on the ATV and normal to 30. Then skip to to see what it’s really using

Slightly off topic here - But is it possible to drop the version number when updating? Instead of "docker pull matty8199/channels-baseball:1.7.0" this "docker pull matty8199/channels-baseball" which if I am not mistaken defaults to "latest".
Just something I wondered when I updated to the current version.
Thanks

as of now, no, I don't have latest set up...I will see if I can make that work though on future builds, I know others have asked for it as well.

1 Like

just pushed 1.8.0 AND latest.

i'll try to remember to keep latest updated for those who prefer to use it, but i would still recommend using the version number tagged images instead (makes it easier to troubleshoot if anything goes wrong, can easily tell exactly what version you're on).

anyway, new version has the minor guide tweak talked about above (putting the game time ahead of the team names on the upcoming block), and also i've changed it to only use one upcoming block per day rather than six hour blocks leading up to first pitch.

also, big inning is back and also includes a schedule and guide blocks (which weren't there last year).

That latest tag messed up your available updates code in the DefaultController.php file on line 21

ETA: That's preventing all new installations from working

this is why i didn't want to do a latest tag to begin with...lol

just install 1.8.0 for now. i'm taking the latest tag down. either one should still work as far as the epg and m3u goes, it's just the page that shows available updates that is broken.

edit: actually, nevermind. 1.8.1 is up now and fixes this.

keep in mind now, anything prior to 1.8.1 is going to be broken as far as the main page that shows version, epg link and m3u link goes.

I use Channels on iOS and Apple TV, and see the seek duration problem on both. This is on recordings as I rarely watch live.

Anyone getting this error page when you load up the ip:8080 page?

Edit: updating to 181 fix it

thanks for this

@crackers8199 hey man, is there a way to change the order of big inning? ideally, i would like it as the first entry before any team. no biggie if it cant. thanks.

as of now no, but i should be able to put that in the next release.

1 Like

You can easily change the order in Channels:

its not the same thing, i dont have them nor do i want them in their own collection. thanks though.

You can copy and paste the contents of the m3u straight into Channels using the “Text” option, then manually change channel numbers from there. I did this and everything works fine, with the disclaimer that it could break if @crackers8199 needs to rename the individual channel stream addresses or logos for some reason in a future release.

Sorry if this was already posted but every time I start a stream for the first time I get a playback error where it cannot load the stream. If I go back to the guide and re-select the game it loads fine. Minor inconvenience. It has happened on every version. Happens on web playback on on every conceivable device. Is it because the account is authenticating or the cache file is not available yet? Time out issue? Is everyone experiencing this and if not is there an easy fix?

Thank you.

it's because for some reason mlb takes forever to return the stream from their API (after they authenticate and make sure you're not in a blackout region), and channels times out after 10 seconds. once you've loaded (or attempted to load) the stream the first time, it's cached so it doesn't need to go back out to mlb to get the stream again, so it works fine.

i see this happen occasionally too, and as far as i can tell there's no way around it...the changes i made in recent versions to try to prevent it have made it better for me at least, but i still occasionally see it happen.

@maddox @tmm1 is there any way to potentially increase the timeout a bit to combat this? or at least make it an option in the settings somewhere?

This doesn’t happen to me with your container, it only happens to me with the ESPN+ container, all the time.

That probably didn’t add anything but just another data point.

1 Like

the changes i made (in 1.7.0 i think it was) were specifically to try to make this better, and for me at least, it has. i haven't seen it be nearly as bad as it was prior to making those changes.

I’m getting the blackout screen with every game. Even the free game of the day. Anyone else? I’m not running a vpn. It’s weird because on a browser or mlb app everything works fine

I am loving MLB big inning, I’m hooked. I’m glad at whatever voodoo your container is doing that it’s giving us the commercial free feed of big innings. The regular mlb.tv app and Apple TV+ big inning feeds are full of ads, but not this!