MLB.TV for Channels

just pushed 2022.6.3 which should fix the issue described above.

and now, i'm logging off to enjoy my saturday evening. :slight_smile:

seriously though, feel free to put this through the paces and let me know if there's anything else broken.

edit: one final push for tonight, just fixed a potential issue with the radio feeds for the second game of a doubleheader. 2022.6.4 is now the latest image.

2 Likes

has big inning been broken for anyone else lately? not loading for me right now even though it's live, and I don't watch it much...

edit: confirmed, big inning is broken. i think i have an idea for a fix, but won't be able to test til tomorrow since it's done for the day.

Awesome work once again! Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a recurring recording in Tivimate then with the radio overlay, and then somehow import those recordings into Channels? Therefore allowing two versions of the game waiting for me in my Channels UI? Is this possible?

1 Like

Those apple TV+ games are annoying. Love having everything in one place with this marvelous app. I created a fantasy baseball c# program to change the channel every time my player is hitting or pitching with notifications etc. You think it’s possible to use streamlinks to switch to the friday night apple TV+ games?

Peacock games are not blacked out on mlb.tv around the world, only in america. Is there any chance the blackout message could be removed and the game played, for those of us not blacked out?

Thanks for all your work on this

+1, add me to the list. I can watch the national broadcast, appletv games, peacock etc without restrictions. So for those games i have to use the mlb app. It would be awesome to have it as an option to not automatiacally exclude them

Just curious if anything was ever done for the seek duration problem with channels-baseball recordings? See here for a refresher.

Been running 2022.6.4 for several days now and Channels still uses “Normal” seek durations instead of “Sports” on both iOS and ATV…

Also, does anyone know why comskip doesn’t work at all on these recordings? By “doesn’t work at all”, I mean there are never any commercials detected on these recordings. None. Not even false detections. Always zero commercials detected.

It was fixed but it’s broke again. I think it’s on channels side this time because I’m pretty sure I’m running the same docker version from when it was fixed. It still works correctly and uses sports on shield tv

1 Like

Is there a way to hide the teams "win/loss" records from the description of the recording? I'm often times behind by a game or two, and the team's Win/Loss record is displayed on the screen every time i fast forward (which i do a lot while i skip between pitches)

i can try to make that an option.

btw, in case anyone was curious, fixing the big inning feed involved completely rewriting the authentication system and how it talks to MLB's API. this is taking a while to get working. that's why there hasn't been a release in a while.

2 Likes

so, i'm not sure the big inning feed is ever going to work again. i'm not having any luck getting it to work, even after re-writing the entire authentication system.

edit: yeah, taking a break from this for a while. i've been whacking at it for two weeks now and feel like i've gotten nowhere. it just won't work.

my apologies, but big inning is dead...at least for now. hopefully this isn't an omen for the rest of the feeds.

has anyone else had extreme buffering issues the past few days? i'm trying to figure out if it's my internet connection or if there are issues on MLB's end...

No problems here.
The docker is pretty straight forward.

no. I haven't noticed any buffering either.

i guess i need to call frontier then...my issues had subsided for a day or two but this morning the mets/braves game is literally unwatchable.

Both NY and Atl feeds have no problems, no buffering for me

my annoying buffering issues aside, i may have found a fix for big inning. just needed to take a break from it for a few days.

i'll try to get a release together. maybe re-writing the auth system will fix my buffering issues too...

4 Likes

Today i got a "The Stream is currently Off-Air instead of the Mets game. Any idea?

1 Like

probably has to do with it being a doubleheader. i'm watching game 2 now after watching game 1 earlier...

try clearing the session data.

docker exec -it channels-baseball php8 artisan session:clear