More content providers killing TVE

:frowning:

1 Like

This was mentioned in another thread a month ago and is only for the apps. They will still have TVE streams via their websites. Nickelodeon on the otherhand never streamed live via their app.

I just got an email from my provider Hotwire that TVE for these channels will end on 7/1/24:

Dear Valued Hotwire Communications Customer,

This is a courtesy communication to inform you that the following Paramount networks will be discontinuing their mobile apps on Wednesday, January 31, 2024. As a result, the TV Everywhere component will no longer be available via a mobile device or tablet. This change does not impact the channels or on demand content you enjoy today.

Comedy Central
MTV
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon
Paramount Network

Please be aware that this decision was made directly by Paramount, and Hotwire Communications has no control over this change.

It is important to note that you can still view the networks on a browser (with normal TV Everywhere authentication/credentials) until July 1, 2024.

While you may receive notifications directly from Paramount, we are reaching out to you proactively to ensure you receive this information from Hotwire Communications first.

Thank you for being a valued member of the Hotwire Communications community.

Sincerely,

The Hotwire Communications Team

2 Likes

Great :frowning: Just when I was about to start recording The Daily Show one day a week.

2 Likes

This is exactly what Channels DVR does so TVE will continue to work.

Let's enjoy while it lasts!

Thank you for sharing this, @GTFan.
At least, we have a heads-up now.

None of the Viacom/Paramount channels currently work right now with Channels DVR. Long story short, Viacom launched a new API for their steams, Channels is still using the old API. The old API still worked until they switched their dynamic ad insertion provider, so TV Land, Logo and CMT stopped working a few weeks ago, and the rest switched over today.

That July 1st thing might be Hotwire specific, because I doubt they would go through all this trouble of building a brand new API and migrating their live streams to a new dynamic ad insertion provider if they are going to shut it all down 5 months later.

2 Likes

Sad news but thank you for the clarification, @kyl416.

1 Like

I think I just lost MTV. I'm getting the following error message: missing_cdn_config: Error - Media urls could not be created due to missing CDN configurations for the account.

2 Likes

Nobody can get them via Channels TVE as of today, see

1 Like

Is there any chance of TVE and Channels ever being able to support the new API, or are these stations lost forever?

As of 19 days ago

1 Like

Some of the channels referenced are back in the latest pre-release.

1 Like

Anyone notice this issue popping up again? I can’t get Comedy Central to come up with yttv starting yesterday.

You need to update to the latest pre-release.
See:

I updated to the newest pre-release, and lost a ton of channels via Xfinity. Did I miss something minus the API issue in January.

2 Likes