Moving on

Thank you. I'll be canceling Channels and moving to YouTube TV for a similar channel line up to what I am leaving on Spectrum cable services. Channels DVR, TVEverywhere, the Frndly add-in that did not function, over the air channels that would not connect using TVEverywhere, lack of premium channels, the 'oddness' of the Support Forums, there are reasons I'm leaving Channels.

Best wishes to all that work on these projects.

Understandable. It's not for everyone. Does require some time investment and a little DIY.
Some users don't want to spend the time and prefer a simple solution like a set top box, cable dvr, or just use various streaming services.

2 Likes

Your comment, "....does require some time investment and a little DIY. Some users don't want to spend the time and prefer a simple solution like a set top box, cable dvr, ...", are not the reasons for my canceling the subscription and no longer using Channels and the other Add-Ons. Channel availability was poor; Support was poor; functions did not work; and several other reasons. Please do not attempt to summarize or re-state what 'you think' my reasons were. That would be mis-information and wrong.
Good evening.

Maybe dont get pissy with the people that have done nothing but try to help you....

2 Likes

Can't please everyone all the time. Oh well.

2 Likes

Well, your indignant and "pissy" response to me describing why I will not be using the product and add-ons is not warranted. I don't believe my words or intent warrant a response such as yours. I don't believe my comments or intent were "pissy".

I see no method to 'replay to the thread' other than to reply to the last post. I don't believe my words or intent warrant a response such as yours. I hope that does not offend anyone in the thread or to whom I reply to.

I have thanked others that have attempted to assist me in the use of the product and add-ons. I don't think anyone likes having their words or intent restated incorrectly or used to mis-represent any idea or concept. Perhaps, not even you with, your strong opinion. I'm curious how you might have expressed that same sentiment. Your response to me suggests some possible responses you might have produced.

I wish everyone well with Channels and the add-ons. I realize the time it takes to build such software and to provide any type of support or assistance.

I was trying to find a replacement for my Tivo with CableCard on Spectrum, who no longer supports CableCard and no longer sells their Cloud DVR. Their only solution for multiple channel DVR was to rent multiple single channel DVR set top boxes, since their Cloud DVR product offering is no longer working and not being sold at this date and time. I was looking to incur no higher costs than what I was currently paying. Which explains any reluctance for significant antenna and multi-tuner HDHomeRun devices. I had wanted to continue to receive the same local and premium channels that our family were accustomed to.

Your response reminds me of recent YouTube videos about some of the ways Open Source and other projects and products fail. One reason being indignant and uncalled for responses from one or more persons attempting to either provide support or chastising those with whom their opinion is not the same.

I do wish everyone with Channels and the add-ons well and wish them success.