Multiple TVE Issues (Viacom/Paramount Networks channels)

That figures. I'm fresh out of them. :laughing:
I'm assuming that's Google's Dynamic Ad Insertion Dynamic Ad Insertion  |  Google for Developers

1 Like

Well at least I am not the only one! :slight_smile:

I hope they can figure out a way to still implement them consistently. Rescanning any one of the channels from the lineup seems to correct the issue for all of them but eventually see the error again

I noticed that also last night. Scan one and they work for a while.

1 Like

Yeah, rescanning is reliable but it seems you need to do it every time? Maybe the developers can automate that somehow or find some other workaround. I hope so! Seems the channels affected are always the ones I used the most.

2 Likes

add tvland to the list of bad channels. logs below

074125b0-7961-4063-94fa-a94cf7050341

2 Likes

im having the same issue. same behavior when rescanning.

I see the same, submitted diagnostics: 50a4c994-eb04-42c4-b74b-b78a9e3a3a53

Thanks for finding these things out! Is this similar to what happened last time?

FYI for everyone in this thread, Devs were able to fix after a few days, so hopefully the same this time!

All the more reason to have Chrome Capture for Channels setup as a backup source.

I'm having the same issues, and the same rescan results except I cannot seem to get IFC back playing. It has dropped off the channel list and when I try to rescan it the error is: no login form found.

Anyone else? Any clues?

1 Like

IFC is not one of the Viacom/Paramount Networks channels being discussed in this Topic thread.

See this Topic for the IFC issue TVE: no login form found when trying to tune to BBC America and IFC

Thanks for the fix! Works great.

1 Like

Seems to all be back up and running! Every station took an extra hot minute to start working the first time, but it eventually got there.

I don't recall if this was the situation before, but it appears that Viacom is using geolocation, so all the west stations are showing east content to me. I could have sworn I did some testing a bit back where they were different and that's why I kept them around, but maybe I'm thinking of WBD stations?

1 Like

Just a bit of an update. When I tune to one of these channels I get the following error still. If I hit Play again like it says it works fine. I am on the latest beta…

I am having the same issue too.

Try restarting your channels server. Once I did that channels tuned without issue so far. Hope it continues as I have a show set to dvr on them tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I don't watch or record these channels from TVE, but the fix doesn't work for me on Xfinity.

Either getting Cable provider authentication failed or context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers) on all the Viacom/Paramount channels 6010-6025.

I tried an Update Password and restarted the Channels DVR container. No change.

I may be the only one seeing this. Maybe an Xfinity issue?

Logs have been submitted as 0db44c46-6b2b-4d08-adaa-27ca5a581a35

Must have been an Xfinity issue. All the channels scanned and authorized this morning.