Multiple TVE Streams

I just submitted logs.

It seems to be a little better, I enabled location services, chrome hardware acceleration and deleted/readded my sources

Nothing out of the ordinary in the logs.

Did you check the Task Manager already to see if the CPU or RAM or DISK or NETWORK are maxed out?

Nothing is maxed out, most things are low. I really think the issue has to do with location services being disabled. Is this a known dependency?

For TVE, yes. Geofencing is used to restrict certain streams (such as whether to offer East or Pacific feeds for NBCUniversal channels, or whether your market area is available for local NBC, ABC and Fox affiliates). Location is based on the browser used for setting up the TVE provider, but the DVR server itself may also play a role, especially if it has to reauthorize a channel.

That is good news. Maybe someone could provide a complete list of requirements for Channels and TVE. Thanks

You mean like:

(Scroll down to Requirements.)

Except that is not complete, it does not mention location services and possibly more.

Location services being off cannot cause video choppiness issues. If anything the hardware acceleration change is what helped. That is usually on by default I thought?

It is on by default but I was trying different things to get it to work.

If you start having issues again, try this:

• hit record a few TVE shows at the same time
  • let them record, then check the main DVR Log to make sure no errors shown
  • play the recorded mpg files via VLC and see if there are any playback issues

It still does not play right in vlc.

Going over the log, I noticed quite a few of the following

rewriting

skipped

error="MPEG-TS discontinuity

something is going on here but what?

I have re uploaded my logs

At the end of each recording, one line is printed to the main DVR log showing statistics. There should be a skipped=XXX in there. If that is more than zero that usually means bad things are happening. In this case I would suspect a bad stick of RAM. Can you run a memtest?

Those values are absolutely greater than 0. I am running a memtest now using the built in windows tool. This machine is headless using a dummy plug so it would be difficult to run memtest86 on it. Keep in mind, while this is the only system that I have checked the logs on, I have tried running the dvr software on other systems with similar effects.

Can you paste some of the full [MTS] line entries from the dvr log?

My t330 is still running the memtest and as I said it is headless so I can not interrupt it until it is done.

However, I installed your dvr software on an i5 kaby lake zotac running ubuntu mate and it works perfectly. Unfortunately, I can not run this system 24/7. My guess is there is a interaction between your code and the latest build of windows 10

The skipped=N messages mean the video stream is getting corrupted by the time it reaches the DVR. In our experience, this is always either due to a bad stick of RAM or a failing disk.

All drives check out fine in seatools. System passed memtest. Problem occurs on multiple machines all running the latest build of windows 10. Software works on ubuntu mate I know what you are saying, but my money is on a interaction with windows 10 and your code. Please look into it.

I just went over the log, there are no mts entries

MTS entries were printed after each TVE recording finished. However, it looks like the current prerelease removed those log entries.

Looking through my logs v2020.04.19.0128 has the [MTS] entries, but v2020.04.20.0048 does not.

Edit: Looks like the [MTS] logs were removed from TVE streams (but not sure when), but they remain for Locast streams. Here's an example:

2020/04/20 19:31:00.845885 [MTS] Statistics for "TV/Jeopardy!/Jeopardy! S36E161 2020-04-20-1900.mpg": skipped=0 unhandled_packets=0 discontinuity_detected=0 transport_errors=0 invalid_pts=0 invalid_dts=0 saw_pcr=true saw_pmt=true highest_pts=1872.833333

Edit 2: MTS is an abbreviation to indicate the log line is about a completed MPEG-TS stream. It's the analogue to the SNR statistics given for HDHomeRun-delivered recordings.

@techpro2004 can you try recording from Locast?