Multiuser DVR (Replace TiVos)

Docker is working but is there a way to tell it to record to a Shared folder on the NAS ? .. so the Recordings can be accessed by other APPS.

Edit figured it out you can add the path and mnt it when you create the container.

1 Like

Why are my Synology Dockers showing the wrong time ... Timezone
UTC ... Yet the DVR on the same synology no docker is showing Timezone
PDT ?

Have you passed the container your time zone?

… -e TZ=America/Los_Angeles …, for example?

1 Like

on docker run command line
--env TZ=America/Los_Angeles
or using Synology Docker to edit
Capture

1 Like

Thanks guys that was it. Have to keep adding to my notes.

1 Like

Know what you mean. If you don't work with it everyday and are a newb, a lot to learn.
Besides @tmm1 and @racameron, nobody helped me when I learned Docker was more than just a brand of pants. Channels DVR on docker

Everyone has been great in this community with all kinds of assistance. I for one could not have moved forward without the help.

2 Likes

Right now in beta are TV/Movie Collections. When they are fully deployed over the next few months, I am planning on using them to separate content for different groups in our household (including ones we watch together). It might be a bit more manual than having separate DVR's, but will allow everything to be managed in one place. You can already do this with channels themselves, so it will just be a matter of applying the right filters to each device.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Pluto Live TV fails with Playback Filed error

I accidently added a Tuner that I plan on retiring from my Docker is there a command I can issue to remove it ?

Click the trash can next to the source on the web ui?

That removes the Provider but the tuner is still there .. I thought there was a curl command but I searched and cannot find it.

What tuner are you talking about, an HDHR?
If so that will always appear as a source because the DVR sees its broadcasts.
It won't be used if you remove the provider from it.

If a physical HDHR tuner is detected while the DVR is running, it will appear in the list. As long as you don't assign guide data to that tuner, Channels will ignore it. The only way to ensure the tuner does not appear in the DVR is to physically disconnect it from your network, then restart the DVR server.

This is on Docker that does not do auto discover I accidently added the tuner I want to retire by IP.

See:

3 Likes

Thanks that did it deleted tuner then rebooted Server and it is gone.

1 Like

I too have replaced a TiVo Edge with a Channels DVR Server running on Windows 10 (gained all recordings auto-skip).

I also replaced my Roku, Fire TV, TiVo Stream, Google TV with a single Apple TV 4K (we really like the Top Shelf on ATV & the integration the Apple TV APP brings across multiple streaming services. One UI to see all our linear TV recorded shows and to see all our current streaming TV shows).

My question: I assume the instructions above about using Docker on a Synology box also applies to using Docker on Windows 10. Correct? And are there any nuance differences one needs to know?

I am trying to decide where to install a second DVR server: either on a NVidia Shield Pro? or on my existing Windows 10 NUC?

I wanted to test this on my Windows 10 Docker but I could not figure out how to download the image For Channels DVR ... Windows 10 with forced updates and other pain in the ass features was a pain to maintain.

I turned off Win 10 updates since I only use that NUC to only do 2 things:
1) Channels DVR Server w/!TB SSD,
2) Replication/backup of all our family digital files via OneDrive w/4 TB HDD for replication and via Crashplan for redundant cloud backups

1 Like