NAS Brand/Models Poll

We have a working unRAID plugin thanks to help from @Minich!

We also have working FreeBSD binaries, so I’m going to look at writing a FreeNAS plugin next. FreeNAS users- are you using plugins for most other 3rd-party apps, or setting up custom jails? Looks like plugins are the new/easier way to do things now: https://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_plugins.html

FreeNAS plugins work well. I’m running the CrashPlan plugin and a couple others. As far as I can tell, the plugins just basically automate the setup of a jail and offer an easy way to make basic setting changes for the jail. Good to hear your planning a Channels DVR FreeNAS plugin. Let me know if you’d like me to test.

I have the MyCloud EX4100 as well.

I have a MyCloud PR4100. It was one of the NAS recommended before the launch of the public beta. I have not seen anyone else mention the PR4100 yet. I got it specifically because the newer intel processer supports hardware transcoding yet as of the latest build I must turn software transcoding on for web GUI streaming or I get an error.

A number of us (from the Alpha and Beta) are running the PR4100. It works exceedingly well.

WD PR4100 8 TB - Works great! 5 ATV 4 throughout the house. No problem with 4-5 streams.

how did you install it on the WD? through ssh? i dont see that install file on the getchannels site for that model. thanks.

There is a link for the PR4100 package on https://community.getchannels.com/dvr/#install

Download the package (link below), then log into the admin web site. (MyCloudPR4100.Local), go to the Apps tab, then click on the + in the bottom left. Select :“To install an app manually, click here”. Select the package you downloaded and then click on configure once it finishes install.

1 Like

Thanks, i had no idea that model was a "PR4100"

@OurFamilySpot my4TB WDBCTL0040HWT-NESN doesnt have a + sign to add apps. i do have the HDHomerun dvr installed on it, but they do it via their app with ssh. strange.

Your model is a single drive My Cloud, which has a different install methodogy.

Currently, it is not on the recommended list for Channels DVR, but I’m sure dev’s would be interested if you can at least utilize as DVR & recordings. I use a Mac for DVR and single drive MyCloud for recordings storage.

This is a single drive model. It is not the PR4100.

This model does not meet the minimum requirements for Channels DVR.

See WDMyCloud Single Drive

Thanks, I’ll get a better model. But that’s why I quoted @OurFamilySpot with that exact model in my first post and asked how he installed it since I have one doing nothing.

I’m running Channels DVR on a Seagate NAS 4-Bay STCU100 with 4 4TB drives with Seagate’s SimplyRAID & Firmware ver 4.2.12.0. Runs great!

1 Like

i originally had a single drive WD MyCloud that i used with the SiliconDust DVR beta, but have moved to the WD PR4100. The single bay WD MyClouds are below minimum spec for the Channels DVR.

When the original request/query was made it is what i had.

Sorry for the confusion, i was thought the context was on how to install on the WD PR4100. Missed that you were referring back to the WDBCTL0040HWT-NESN.

1 Like

I have a QNAP TS-251+

WD My Cloud PR2100 8TB

Synology DS218+

:~$ uname -a
Linux Hostname 4.4.59+ #23824 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 25 18:27:56 CST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_apollolake_218+

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 92
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J3355 @ 2.00GHz
stepping : 9
microcode : 0x2c
cpu MHz : 2001.000
cache size : 1024 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 21
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave rdrand lahf_lm 3dnowprefetch ida arat pln pts dtherm intel_pt retpoline tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms mpx rdseed smap clflushopt sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1
bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2
bogomips : 3993.75
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtualpower management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 92
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J3355 @ 2.00GHz
stepping : 9
microcode : 0x2c
cpu MHz : 2001.000
cache size : 1024 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 2
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 4
initial apicid : 4
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 21
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave rdrand lahf_lm 3dnowprefetch ida arat pln pts dtherm intel_pt retpoline tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms mpx rdseed smap clflushopt sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1
bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2
bogomips : 3993.75
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtualpower management:

This thread is from before the DVR launch in 2016. All major NAS are now supported and packages can be found on https://getchannels.com/dvr-server/#synology