NBC, NBC Sports, NBCU Networks No Longer Available via TV Everywhere Providers

Thanks for taking the time to confirm!

1 Like

NBC tve and east coast sci-fi are still working for me on 2023.04.18.1831

Guess I’ll have to del with the lower bitrate, co shared Orta nbc.

1 Like

If things are still working for you, avoid updating to this prerelease:

@tmm1 curious, did you also remove Telemundo TVE?

They are owned by nbc but it’s still working. Wondering if they are changing those streams as well.

2 Likes

Same here, my affiliate hasn't gotten DRMed yet. I'm guessing the NBC owned and operated affiliates changed over first?

1 Like

Yes all NBCU were removed. We can re-enable stuff that's still working but I don't think they will last for long.

3 Likes

they also offer a desktop "home" that does not integrate automatically channels but is only $40/yr. It only records in 720p.

1 Like

Yes, but that's Windows only. PlayOn Cloud is very attractive for Mac users, mobile users, or just folks who don't want to manage a "home" computer for this purpose.

for sure. just giving that option for people so they know. For example: backing up several hundred movies from vudu.

2 Likes

I'm still on 2023.04.18.1831.

I noticed my local NBC had been working via TVE (I'm in Los Angeles, KNBC is Owned & Operated.) I do also get NBC via antenna so I wasn't too concerned, personally speaking. But now I'm in the same boat. Errors on those channels, in Channels DVR.

MSNBC, Bravo and E! are big losses, at least in this household. And a Prime with cable card wouldn't have solved this for me, I'm with Spectrum (previously Time Warner) and the only channels that didn't have the CC flag set, were the locals.

Sigh. [Deep breaths.]

"The only constant in life... is change."

2 Likes

I, personally, will just stop watching their content. I know I’m only one viewer, but I prefer my tv platform way more than any of their shows.

2 Likes

NBC tve was working (I checked stats before upgrading server) until I upgraded.would be nice if could read at least nbc tve

2 Likes

Which NBC station?

1 Like

Ah, yes, I'm still on 2023.04.18.1831 and KNBC's TVE is still working for me. It's all the other channels (MSNBC, Bravo, E!, SyFy) that don't. I'll stay put for now, but obviously it's just like playing violin on a sinking ship. At least when that happens (or I eventually upgrade the latest prerelease) I still get KNBC via antenna. For now, at least.

3 Likes

Thank god I implemented Multiple redundancies into my setup for times like this.Everything can be Reverse engineered given time.I have faith in you guys :+1:

3 Likes

Dang it. This came sooner than I had hoped. Now I need an alternative to getting WWE Monday Night RAW. or at least live access to USA Network to be able to record said network. I used to use PlayOn but Desktop doesn't allow 1080p recording and PlayOn Cloud only allows for 720p for 1 credit and 1080p 3 credits and I don't want to keep giving them money in a sense. Rather pay for a software one time to be able to record. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you!

3 Likes

For anyone wanting to get the prerelease version before the NBC channels were removed, this should do it.
curl -XPUT http://127.0.0.1:8089/updater/check/2023.04.18.2147

@tmm1 can you give a quick explanation on the change that broke things?

3 Likes

They added DRM

3 Likes

I would have thought the chrome approach would be transparent to DRM. Does it not work in chrome anymore either?

2 Likes