NBC, NBC Sports, NBCU Networks No Longer Available via TV Everywhere Providers

My fix was to just get a subscription to Hulu just there on-demand service. Where it is on there next day after it aired.

2 Likes

Hulu no longer airs no episodes of nbc shows the next day except for WWE. This is due to the Peacock streaming service.

I ment new

1 Like

That’s why I went with Hulu for Monday Night Raw only. The other channels I don’t care about. Plus I have NBC OTA.

4 Likes

You can subscribe to updates to the topic dvr prerelease notes. Those updates note when channels are removed permanently or added back in.

2 Likes

Good to know, I'll do that! Still, it would be nice to get a notification when I open the app that 5 of my upcoming recordings are going to fail.

1 Like

We don’t email on every software update. But you could probably find a service that would do that using the RSS feed we provide.

2 Likes

To be fair, it was a long post; so much room for misinterpretation. :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I regularly use PlayOn Cloud with it linked to Channels. I had no idea I could see the USA network shows on the NBC app. At least I can still watch WWE Raw next day.

2 Likes

This thread is about NBC. If you have issues with something else then make a new thread.

2 Likes

The Golf Channel should be added to the OP too.

Anyone else having audio problem on the NBC TVE channel? It seems to be missing. Just not sure if it had to do with the removal and re-add of NBC or if its TVE itself. I tried to go to the menu where you can go to show stats. But I can't even get to it due to having no audio track listed. Picture is fine.

1 Like

Have you checked their website feed?

3 Likes

Thanks. Just checked and through the website it is fine.

1 Like

My TVE NBC (WNBC) is working fine for me in Channels, I have both picture and sound.

ok maybe its just something goofy with my local station. Glad I have an antenna so if they do decided to add drm to the local channel here.

1 Like
1 Like

I've lost many Fox affiliated stations as well as most of the Discovery channels as well. Some, like Science channel and FXX still work but I suppose it's only a matter of time.

1 Like

If you look at the info on Widevine https://www.vdocipher.com/blog/widevine-drm-hollywood-video/, the DRM technology that is being used, there are various levels of security. The highest, L1, means the video and decryption are done in a Trusted Execution Environment, basically a VM. That means other programs can't get at the memory where the decrypted video is stored.

Windows apparently doesn't support L1 on all hardware so programs like Audials can still grab the decoded video (I've used Audials for several years and had mixed results with it). But other devices like streaming boxes might which would stop any kind of memory grab of the decrypted video.

3 Likes

As of this morning, yes. None of the NBCU channels, including CNBC, MSNBC, and all of the entertainment networks, are available on my Channels server.

Notably, I live near enough to get two major metro TVE streams on my system (DC and Baltimore). As of this morning the DC NBC affiliate (WRC-4) has been REPLACED by the Baltimore affiliate (WBAL-11) as my channel 6000.

It's ironic because WBAL is the one Baltimore channel that I can't get consistently on my antenna. I understand this is temporary, and eventually I'll lose that TVE option, too,

Thankfully, I get a pretty solid signal on WRC, so I can still get NBC programming. For the rest I'll have to use the NBC Universal or Peacock apps, which don't integrate at all to my DVR. Oh, well.

3 Likes