NBC Sports RSNs: Stream Not Available

Logs full of

> 2023/04/03 21:11:03.765456 [ERR] Failed to start stream on channel 6171 via TVE-Verizon: TVE: Stream Not Available
> 2023/04/03 21:11:03.765521 [DVR] Error running job 1680562740-22 MLB Baseball: could not start stream on channels=[6171]: TVE: Stream Not Available
> 2023/04/03 21:11:05.907655 [DVR] Rule 'PhilaPreformatted textdelphia Phillies' (22) found 1 new airings
> 2023/04/03 21:11:06.473455 [DVR]   queued recording job for EP041048334187 @ Mon Apr 3 6:59:00PM on ch=[6171] (1680562740-22)
> 2023/04/03 21:11:07.779980 [DVR] Starting job 1680562740-22 MLB Baseball on ch=[6171]

Also can't watch the channel. Other NBC TVE channels are working just fine.

Im seeing the same thing for NBC Sports Boston for past two days.
The channel works fine via the website when I tested.

Did you try authenticating and viewing via the website?

Seeing the same here for NBC Sports Philadelphia. Currently the website is providing a video stream but it is content from yesterday (2023-04-03 episode of "Sportsnet Central"). It does not match what is being broadcast on traditional television. Its the same with Verizon and YouTube TV logins.

1 Like

Update: this issue appears to be on the providers side. After logging back in through the website, i do get a stream, but it appears to be a short replay loop as others have indicated.

======================

I rescanned the source, and the channel still shows up in the sources list.

I'm on cox, NBC Sports BOSTON, but its looking similar to the Philadelphia channel
This has always been a slow channel when tuning - for years - sometimes up to 5- 10 seconds to tune, but has not been much of an issue in the past

I've submitted diagnostics

a567798e-62ba-46ec-852d-ddf34f013a35

It looks like http://nbcsports.com/philadelphia no longer has a stream on the website? It seems to have moved to nbc.com/live which uses a completely different set of servers and streaming methods.

Ah I went to the wrong website. The correct one is Watch NBC Sports Philadelphia live but it seems they may be in the process of shutting that down since its not linked from anywhere. The stream on there seems to be stuck in a loop, as if they turned it off.

I'm removing the channels from the DVR for now (in the latest prerelease). If the stream starts working again on the website we can add it back.

Yeah. Looks like you are correct. The new URL is here:

Hopefully it comes back. If I can't get NBCSP through TVE I might have to look at cablecards or something.

1 Like

Noticed the same with NBC Sports Bay Area. The Warriors basketball game didn't record last night and I can't watch that channel thru Channels. The stream Watch NBC Sports Bay Area live is working but showing infomercials right now, and it looks like a loop. :frowning:
New live stream link: https://www.nbc.com/live?brand=rsn-bay-area&callsign=nbcsbayarea
Any chance this channel will come back? It's one of the main reason's I pay the monthly fee.

2 Likes

The new nbc.com/live streams are not compatible unfortunately. It is not likely that these could be readded, unless they old stream website starts working again.

1 Like

Are these the same links as what the NBCSports App uses? I was able to log in using that, link my Fubo subscription and watch NBC Sports Philly that way. It didn’t appear to be a loop and it had a guide showing the same programming and times as if I had a Comcast box for cable.

Any way to find and use those streaming links within Channels?

@tmm1 What about using vlc-bridge to get around all obstacles?

2 Likes

Looks like they are DRM dash streams? That's a bummer, it seems like more and more channels are moving that direction.

2 Likes

This is really bad. I love this app, but this is foundational for me.

1 Like

The more this stuff changes the more of a legacy product it will be to those that want to have a real DVR solution.

Having issues with Youtube TV and NBC Sports Boston as well. I see on their website that the live stream schedule is just for the Celtics game tonight at 6:30PM and Sunday at 12PM. Is it possible they're only live streaming via TVE the Celtics games and not just a 24/7 live stream? I guess I can check later this evening.

I agree. I do have Youtube TV, but I use Channels to output to TiviMate for multiscreen. Having the Celtics, Bruins and other screens in a multiview arrangement is key and one of the best uses for me for Channels DVR.

Hi there,
I don't know if vidgo offers rsn streams.
would be good to have that new guy create the vlc-bridge docker for Stremium.
We make a mass contribution, and a lot of some headaches will be gone.
We connect Channels to Stremium and let their cloud do all the hard decoding.

1 Like

Any updates on the NBC Sports RSNs? With the NBA playoffs coming up, I need NBC Sports Bostons feed.

1 Like