NBCSN steam not live

I don't normally watch it, but decided to see if it works from their website.
Went to http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbcsn/ with my PC's Firefox browser and logged in.

Got a message saying disable your ad blocker. Normally I would give up and leave the site, but I disabled it temporarily.

Then I get a message to unblock 3rd party cookies. Normally wouldn't, but I did that temporarily.

When it said I had to install Flash player, that's when I gave up trying, not gonna happen.

Here's a Live TV FAQ from their website.
https://www.nbcsports.com/FAQ

Q: What do I need to watch video on NBCSports.com/Live

A: In order to watch any video on NBCSports.com/Live, you must have recent browser that supports HTML5 Media Source Extensions (MSE) and for certain events you must install the latest version of Adobe® Flash®.

Q: I am experiencing issues playing video, does it matter that I have blocked 3rd party cookies?

A: Yes, you will need to unblock 3rd party cookies, in order to view video.

Since this site is where Channels DVR streams from, not sure if this affects Channels DVR TVE.

I just upgraded to 2019.12.27.0617 and nbcsn is now working. I didn't test before upgrading so I'm not sure if the upgrade fixed it or if it is the show (Pro Football Talk). Time will tell.

I am using DVR version 2020.01.06.0725 and still receive errors like the one in attached image when trying to watch NBCSN. This was from the iPad client on my local network.

So NBCSN works no problem on Fitzy but not Channels. The weird thing is, When I deleted NBCSN from my channels line up and then added it back, the channel worked for a little while and I even recorded from it.
Also on one of my firesticks the NBCSN app is showing an unknown error and not starting up. It just happens to be the same firestick I was trying to play the channel on Channels DVR.

NBCSN has changed the format of their live stream when events are live vs no event airtime that have been causing problems. The devs have tried a few things, but I think it has turned into ‘wack a mole’, and I don’t think it can be fixed.

Of course it can be fixed. FitzyTV is proof that it's possible to make this work 100% reliably without any "wack a mole" required. Fitzy has worked every time when Channels DVR has failed. Just today I had to switch to Fitzy again when I got this in Channels:

And this when I immediately switched to Fitzy:

Both use the same TVE cable subscription for authentication. As I stated before in this thread, the developers should take a look at wireshark logs to see why Fitzy never has this problem. I'm running the 1/9/2020 server version.

At the moment NBCSN is streaming just fine for me in Channels. Is it working for you now?

Eric, thats the problem thats been beat to death in this thread, it sporadically works and it hasnt been aknowledge by you guys, either in this thread or through support emails.

It depends on what is currently playing. Try during an actual game, or most things to be honest. It seems to work when they are showing sky sports.

right now, Pro football talk is on, and it doesnt work

2020/01/13 07:11:14.291279 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6161: TVE: playmaker error: INVALID_RESOURCE_ID
2020/01/13 07:11:14.330318 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6161-dANY-ip192.168.2.1: TVE: playmaker error: INVALID_RESOURCE_ID

It worked when I tried it this morning but as stated above, it may depend on what is currently being shown on the channel.

Also, to complicate matters, I may have accidentally left my work VPN client running on the Channels server machine while working from home over the weekend. That may have interfered with the results. When I had a successful test this morning, I made sure VPN was disabled.

Will do some more diagnostics when I have time.

Made sure my work VPN was turned off and did another test on latest 1/17/2020 server version. Back to usual error "Stream Not Live" on 1/17/2020 (2:15PM PST). Channel was airing "Dakar Rally". Of course working fine in FitzyTV as usual.

Please try different times of day and events when trying to develop a fix for this problem.

Does it work for you right now? I just tried it again and it worked again.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for looking at this. It’s working now for me too. If you get a chance to look tomorrow morning between 7:30 and about Noon ET when they are showing English soccer you should be able to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

Dave

Nope

2020/01/17 18:37:57.334064 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Verizon ch6161 NBCSN: TVE: playmaker error: INVALID_RESOURCE_ID

Yes, it's working now. Currently showing some live swimming event. For me the "Dakar Rally" show that was airing before this swimming event didn't work at the time I posted above. Strange that it worked for you. I'm in SoCal area. I wonder if there is some geolocation going on that directs us to different NBC servers?

No, as I'm in SoCal and I had no problem receiving the Dakar Rally program.

This issue will continue till Premiere Soccer League season Ends in April. The experience is if any other program is on air after a soccer game it takes some time for the stream to work.

Very next event after working Swimming was "FIS Snowboarding" at 5PM and it's not working again. Not seeing any real pattern to this at all. Maybe it has something to do with ad insertion which can be customized to each viewer?

playmaker error: INVALID_RESOURCE_ID when I try to rescan the channel.

Thats because the URL for the streaming site changed When the stream is live again rescan the channel. It will not login till the stream is live again. This is something that we have to live wilh. I just hid the channel. I only watch Nascar on that channel anyway. When their coverage begins again in the summer I will un-hide then.

Another rescan attempt today produced this error "drm not supported". So that's at least 3 different errors I've seen. I tried to load it up in a web browser but it wanted to install flash so I gave up.

For the folks that have this channel working 100% (including the Channels DVR developers), can you please list some additional information about your setup? Things like geographic location, host operating system, chrome version (this seems to be required on Windows?), TV provider used for authentication, etc.

This is so disappointing. The EPL is the only reason I would want this service because I'm usually always working when the games are on. I was excited to record them and watch them as if they were live.

Figures! The one channel I wanted doesn't work.