NBCSN steam not live

The problem now occurs almost exclusively with soccer games. NBC is using unique URLs for them which are different from the default url they typically use.

I too continue to have this same issue with Premier League games not recording on NBCSN (channel 6161 on TVE with Spectrum). The game is scheduled correctly but then shows in Recorded shows with red exclamation icon next to it with the error message: "Failed: could not start stream on channels=[6161]: TVE: Stream not live". I've experienced this for several weeks and now. I am updated to version 2019.12.06.2114 on the DVR.

Any timeline as to a possible fix? Thanks.

there is no fix, its been mentioned in this thread a couple of times. nbc is changing the stream url for every game. when the games are done, they revert back to the live stream. you and we are all SOL in trying to watch or record these games via channels.

The problem is NBCSN and not Channels DVR
See @kennyb3653 post #33 above

If the problem is with NBCSN, then why does it work fine when I switch over to FitzyTV app while giving the "TVE: Stream Not Live" error in Channels app? Clearly there is some way to make it work. I suggest the Channels developers Wireshark Fitzy to see where their app is pulling the live feed. While you're at it, might as well look at how they are getting their local TVE CBS feeds which Channels has also been unable to add.

Fitzy has been known to serve out of market locals in place of locals, meaning something they're doing isn't quite fully above board. I would hesitate to use them as an example to follow.

Can't speak for other markets, but when I tested Fitzy in NJ, it gave me the same NYC CBS station I would get from OTA antenna. Also provided the correct CBS station in Los Angeles. Don't see why Channels can't do the same - at least in markets where Fitzy is able to offer the correct local CBS station. Not asking them to pull locals from other markets.

Because Channels is using the same TV Everywhere authentication that the (authorized) websites and apps use, and in those cases CBS networks also require a secondary CBS All Access login. The fact that Fitzy is not requiring this secondary login is again indicative of their grey-market nature.

Channels DVR supports Locast. Use that for CBS.

Locast has garbage video quality. No point, when I can just exit Channels and load the free FitzyTV app and enjoy much better CBS video quality for free.

It looks like there is a fairly simple pattern to the URL for the NBCSN Premier League games. For example, when streaming from NBCSN site directly, the url in my web browser for the Chelsea vs Bournemouth game was something like: tve.nbcsn.com/soccer/premier-league/chelsea-bournemouth . I just wonder if there is a consistent enough pattern that the Channels DVR could anticipate and generate the url based off Channels' guide data which has the teams that are playing.

Not my software but I would imagine that they would have to release an new version of the software for every game. Probably won’t happen.

I guess they could proxy NBCSN on the de a end but that’s the same headache with added costs.

Just accept it, this is how it is. Either use the NBCSN app or get a hdhr prime, cable subscription and record it that way.

Or pay only $5 for FitzyTV cloud DVR and record your NBCSN TVE stream there.

I've uploaded a new build v2019.12.23.2203 with a fix for nbcsn "stream not live" issue.

2 Likes

Thanks! Let's hope this solves the problem :crossed_fingers:

I am sitting at 2019.12.24.0809 and still having the "stream not live" issue for nbcsn. Is this working for anyone?

Not me - also getting 'stream not live' with 2019.12.24.0809.

2019/12/24 11:35:20 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6161: TVE: stream not live
2019/12/24 11:35:20 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6161-dANY-b124cfce14cc: TVE: stream not live
2019/12/24 11:35:20 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch6161-dANY-b124cfce14cc

Build 2019.12.24.0128 has the same issue. I was hooping it would work for Boxing Day on the 26th.

Tried this morning got this error,

2019/12/26 11:05:41 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6161: TVE: invalid playmaker resp: map[stackTrace:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
]
2019/12/26 11:05:41 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6161-dANY-23278ccdc69d: TVE: invalid playmaker resp: map[stackTrace:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
]
2019/12/26 11:05:41 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch6161-dANY-23278ccdc69d

Now I’m getting drm not supported

2019/12/26 18:55:20 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Cablevision ch6161 NBCSN: TVE: drm not supported
2019/12/26 18:55:21 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Verizon ch6161 NBCSN: TVE: drm not supported