NEW: Android TV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Similar to @jkline, Also seeing this on a 2015 Shield Pro on Experience 5.2 (Android TV 7.0)

DVR: 2017.07.13.0055
DVR Engine on: Apple Macmini7,1 darwin 10.12.5 (kernel: 16.6.0)

I do have 4 Primes active on the DVR… (might not be relevant)

Not seeing the issue here…

@jkline How many HDHRs do you have?

I have only 3 of my 4 Extends hooked up. The DVR has seen all four of them (but not at once). Settings in the DVR shows 3.

Okay I see the bug…

I just uploaded DVR v2017.07.17.0243 which fixes this bug. Hit “check for update” and then restart the Android TV app.

Alas, I do not know how to update apps with the latest version of Android TV. An uninstall/install loaded the same version.

The fix was on the DVR server side. The android app did not change.

Thanks for that. The problem is fixed.

Thank you!

1 Like

Just setup Channels DVR and Guide is stuck at Favorites with no way to change it, or favorite a channel.

I looked on the web UI and didnt see a way to favorite from there either.

Any ideas?

What do you see on the web UI?

Did you configure your HDHR and guide data?

Web UI is fine once I switch view off Favorites when I goto ‘Guide’, but couldn’t see a way to mark things as favorite.

Under ‘On Now’ I can switch that to ‘All’ or ‘HD’ and watch Live TV fine, but no way to mark a channel as fav, so Guide stays broken.

Also, USB Tuner didn’t get detected. I have a WinTV-DualHD plugged into the Shield, works fine for Tablo Engine, but Channels DVR didn’t see it. Found my HDHR Extend no problem though.

Channels only works with HDHomeRuns

On the web UI Settings tab, under the HDHR click the “xx channels” link. In there you can click the heart next to each channel you want to favorite.

Ahh, the ‘USB’ the screen refers to on Channels DVR setup is storage.

Now that I have a favorite set, I can go into the screen and select the dropdown from Favorites to All or HD.

Thanks!

1 Like

I see, there’s a bug that isn’t letting you get to the drop down when no favorites exist. Thanks for the heads up.

Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this! I’m using two Apple TV’s and now my Shield, with the backend running on a media PC. The Shield is in my home theater and I’ve really hated not being able to access my Channels recordings. This is AWESOME! I had no thought that you would build an app for Android. Seeing you had was like Christmas! Sorry to gush, but I wanted you to know it’s SO appreciated!

2 Likes

Does the Channels app support recording from the guide? I can schedule from the web server but when I click on a program in the future I don’t get the option to record. I am using an Nvidia Shield with Harmony remote.

Also is there any option to have more guide available instead of only 4 hours?

Thanks for the prompt support, I really like how you have addressed issues and are building out the service.

Right now the Android app doesn’t let you see more than 4 hours of guide nor setup recordings from the guide. Both features are planned as we continue to improve the app.

1 Like

Any plans to add up and down channel surfing for live tv? Could be with favorites or all channels.

Thanks for the great software.

The up/down keys are used for navigation. If you mean dedicated channel up/down buttons on an IR remote, I don’t think Android OS lets us hook into those.

Right, forgot about this… For Shield TV users maybe we could bind some other keys from the gaming remote?