New Beta On Boarding

Continuing from

I did an On Boarding test while taking screen captures.
I like the way the screens look and that they have links to help and documentation.

Installed the Channels DVR Synology package on my old Synology NAS.
Used curl to update to v2023.09.29.0400 to see what the new On Boarding looks like.
Opened the DVR web UI and it went right to the Welcome screen, where I chose Set Up New DVR.

Logged in.

Setup the DVR storage directory.

Chose to add a TVE source.

Chose Provider Xfinity and entered credentials.
Should place a note on that modal for adding a TVE provider that the verification scan may take an hour.

Verification scan ran for 57 minutes and 31 channels failed to auth w/no login form found. A new user wouldn't know that.

OnBoard-09T

When the channel verification scan completes, it's not obvious it's downloading guide data (have to scroll to bottom of web page to see that). Suggest that somewhere near the top of the page that it tells you it's currently downloading the 14 days of guide data and to click on the green Complete Setup button.

Clicked the green Complete Setup button which leads to the main Setup screen explaining how to get content in your Library.

Overall a huge improvement in On Boarding.
Will test again from scratch choosing my HDHR tuner as a source next time.

2 Likes

Installed the Channels DVR Synology package on my old Synology NAS.
Used curl to update to v2023.09.29.1842 to use the new On Boarding.

Opened the DVR web UI and it went right to the Welcome screen, where I chose Set Up New DVR.

Logged in.

Setup the DVR storage directory.

Chose to add my HDHR Tuner that was autodetected.

Entered zipcode and selected Cable Provider.

Waited for downloading guide data to complete.

Clicked the green Complete Setup button.

which leads to the main Setup screen explaining how to get content in your Library.