New Fire TV Max

Are there even audio devices that support AC4 yet? I've tested it for days and it's the Apple tv that is the only one that works correctly. I think it's a combination of Matt and Pcm. The Fire tv actually works correctly with the Hdhomerun app if you set it to PCM, but it ruins audio on other services.

I beg to differ my HDHomeRun APP is set to Passthrough and it works great the Channels DVR app drops frames on the same device,

You aren't getting audio separation through the Hdhomerun app on the Fire tv. If you listen closely you will hear voices on the surround speakers. Also there is bad lib sync issues.

I do not experience that I am using 2 Echo Studios and Sub Woofer Wirelessly.

Maybe the Fire tv doesn't play well with traditional surround systems. I have a 5.2.2 setup.

Could be there are so many different Variables out there and everyone's Soundsystem is different. Great discussion BTW.

Do you have the New Fire tv Max or standard?

2nd Gen.

So, not the Max. I guess that's why Matt doesn't show up in your diagnostics.

It is the New Firetv Max 2nd Gen. sorry.

I wonder why Dolby Mat says no under your diagnostics and mine says yes. I guess it's because I have a receiver.

There are 2 ways to connect the FireTV Max 2nd gen when using Wireless Echo Soundsystem's ... you can plug it into the eARC output and it will act as an eARC soundbar. then all devices attached to your TV will use the Echo Sound System ... I am testing that now never tried it before.

This is Pretty cool even my old AppleTV now uses the Echo Wireless Soundsystem.

1 Like

For Those that got the FireTV Max 2nd gen remember you get 6 months of MGM+ I just signed up. Might also get it on the FireTV 4K new one.

I didn't think the Echo Studio had an HDMI input. Did you mean optical from the TV?

1 Like

The Echo Studios does not have a HDMI port but if you connect a FireTV 4K or Max or FireTV cube to your ARC port and setup Alexa Home Theater on it... then it will use the echo Studios like an ARC/EARC bar. Any Device then connected to other HDMI ports will use the Echo Studios for sound. Including your OTA TV port.

Initial Set Up for Alexa Home Theater with HDMI ARC on Compatible Fire TV Sticks - Amazon Customer Service

aah... I see now. I like that! Thanks for clearing that up and including the link.