NEW: FireTV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Hello, I am now a DVR subscriber.

One of you two did not follow the instructions above to whitelist amazon emails.

I double checkedā€¦ Amazon Appstore is checked in Promotional emails, but still no emailā€¦

i got mine - thanks

If youā€™ve used your amazon account in another region, you may need to visit the preferences page on that regionā€™s amazon site.

That might be the issue. Iā€™ve update Promo emails on both stores. Can you try again, pleas? Thanks!

Invitations for your Live App Test Channels were not sent due to the following:
Number of opted-out addresses: 1 (These addresses have been opted-out of Amazon marketing communications)

It's definitely checked on both my stores. Is it the only box I have to check in communications preferences? I guess I'll contact Amazon about it...

I would like to be added to the beta.

Invitations for your Live App Test Channels were not sent due to the following:
Number of opted-out addresses: 1 (These addresses have been opted-out of Amazon marketing communications)

Sorry, the App Store communications preference had not saved properly. It is now enabled. Can you please resend? Thanks.

Can you send me an invite to rest the fire tv app?

I tried Channels on my previous generation 4K non-HDR Fire TV. Works better in my opinion than the latest generation. The buffering/spinner time is halved. H264 looks great. There are some combing artefacts with MPEG2 but it is perfectly watchable even for SD pictures (there are no HD MPEG2 streams in the UK). I think it would be perfectly acceptable for a FTV user with a previous generation box. Hopefully you could add guide management soon then you could release a paid version and continue to sustain your business.

I would love to test this out.

Using Fire TV (3rd gen), updated to Fire OS 6.2.1.2 (NS6212/918)

I have used Mibox, Roku, Windows 10 PC, FireTv so far.

Hi, Iā€™d love to be invited to the Beta for this, I have a Fire TV stick 3rd gen, and my amazon email address is different to the one used on this community, is that going to be a problem?

Thanks

Please send me an invite for the beta fire tv app.
thanks,

Send me a private message with your amazon email.

Sorry the app is only available to DVR subscribers.

If you decide you want assistance testing this app from someone not used to the Apple ecosphere please let me know. As i understand your current app is only available on Apple so those us that do not use Apple are not dvr subscribers, but while not current dvr subscribers we are used to the AndroidTV (the market you are trying to expand into) and know the nuisances of that much better than Apple people. Just thoughts to consider while you move forward.

You donā€™t need an Apple device to run the DVR. I run it on a Linux NAS, as do many other users here. Many others run on Windows. Some even run it in a docker container. But you need a DVR and then you can test the app on your FireTV.

For me, the first four months of using the Channels DVR was only possible via the Web UI for all DVR recording setup, etc.

Although I have both the iOS and the tvOS apps, ironically, I have continued using the Web UI (always on tabs in various browsers) for >95% of my usage. It is truly platform agnostic.

In addition to the Channels experimental playback apps on Android/Fire/Nvidia Shield devices, it is also possible to use Emby (free playback), Plex (free playback), MrMC (paid) on those Android devices.