NEW: FireTV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Going to try from a different DVR…right now web ui isn’t working either.

Plays from the Qnap. Have to test more when I have some time.

The first DVR test was from the Shield DVR…I’ll power cycle the Shield and retest.
Haven’t had a Channels connectivity drop on the Shield for over 3 weeks, although I continue to have daily disconnects between Shield USB3 & Qnap Plex Server

I would like to test as well. 4k Fire TV

I would like to try this. Have FTV24K. DVR running on Shield Pro but will be changing it to a NAS. Also have Nexus Player and ATV4 too. Any reason why the Android apps have to rely upon the DVR to forward the streams? Is this a deliberate choice for the future of Channels to keep the HDHR library in one place? Will the ATV version drop direct HDHR access in future? Or is it just that you haven’t gotten around to it yet?

Regards

Richard

I would like to help with the testing of the FireTV app. I have the DVR running on my iMac and two ATV4 devices. I have a gen2 FireTV on a wired ethernet connection.

Invite please. FireTV V1 and Stick V! running DVR on Shield TV.

Sent invites to everyone who asked. If you didn’t get one, follow the instructions above to opt in to Amazon marketing emails for the App Store and then let me know to resend it.

Can I get an invite as well. I have a fire tv V2 stick and a TV which doesn’t have an attached apple TV.

I’d like to test

same please

I have the most recent FireTV and have tried the HDHR app and InstaTV. Would love to try Channels in it. Thanks

Are you still inviting people? I’m very interested!! I love the app, I have the DVR on my Shield but need the Fire TV app for my other room. Thanks!

I have the DVR running on my Shield TV and trying to use the Fire TV app to watch some live and recorded shows…but it keeps pausing every couple seconds. Both devices are hooked up to the router with ethernet cables, no Wifi, and it still wont play smoothly. Any thoughts? Thanks!

What kind of Fire TV?

Does it help if you pause the player for 10-15s to let it buffer then play?

1st gen Fire TV, and yes it does play a little longer when I pause it and allow it to buffer but then it starts pausing again. It’s like it can’t keep up but being hardwired into my router should have cured that issue right? I don’t have any issue playing TV from the HDHomerun app or anything.

Thanks. This appear to be a bug in our app on the Fire TV v1, as the same issue was reported by someone else as well. I’ll try to get my hands on one of those so I can investigate.

The other report was from someone using a Fire TV Stick v1. Are you using a stick, or regular Fire TV?

I have a Fire TV Stick v2, and I’ve seen the pausing issue too but it only happens a few times and then stops.

Oh OK, kinda glad someone else is having the same issue :stuck_out_tongue: I am using a 1st gen Fire TV (box) not the stick. I’ve had such a bad experience with those sticks that I invested in the Fire TV instead. Much better overall experience, that’s why I was surprised to see it stutter with your app. Hope there is a fix soon, might have to stop using the Channels DVR if this can’t get resolved…which would suck because I love it on my Shield TV!

Is it too late to get on the invite train? Fire stick V1 with DVR running on a late 2012 iMac

IIRC, the SD view app had more problems on the V1 Fire TV box than the V1 FireStick.