NEW: FireTV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

I’ll test if it is still an option. I have a FireTV 4K. I can compare performance to my AppleTV 4K.

Where would you like feedback sent … email or on this forum??

Here is fine.

Fire TV 4K hooked up via Ethernet and DVR is provided by a Synology DS116. It takes about 15-20 sec to get a live TV show to start from the guide and I cannot keep it running without serious buffering. Tried watching a DVR’d program…same result.

AppleTV 4K works great. I ensured it was not pulling content at the same time as the FireTV.

The DS116 cannot transcode. After the app is updated to direct play (after the holidays), it should work.

Thanks! Look forward to the update

I’d like an invite to FireTV Channels DVR as well. Thanks!

I’d like a FireTV public beta Channels DVR app as well. Thanks!

Hello, Santa brought me a 2nd gen fireTV stick, and would love to test the beta app - thanks!

Can I get a invite please thank u. Running Amazon Fire stick V1.

The FireTV app only works for Channels DVR users.

I am new here but I don’t have ios I am on andriod. Any andriod version of Channels? I am really interested in using this for andriod.

Channels is not available for Android at this time. You can search the Play Store for HDHomeRun and find other compatible apps.

Any recommendations for apps?

I’ve uploaded a new version of the app to Amazon Live Testing, which will now allow the FireTV 4K to playback video without any transcoding on the DVR server.

Playback should be much quicker now with very little buffering delay on the FireTV 4K. LMK if it works for you.

I would like an invite @tmm1. Thanks!

When I try to load a live channel from the on now menu bar at the bottom, the channel will never load…just spinning wheel. It loads fine from the guide. (Fire TV 4K) Any suggestions?

1 Like

Sounds like a bug. I’ll check it out.

Finally got around to testing. No positive news on my end.

Channels version 1.0.33
Fire TV Stick OS 5.2.6.1

Recently fried my cable card. Just installed a new one today… complete HDHomeRun redo.

Channels ATV up. Channels DVR up. Both recognizing new tuner, with updated channels. No issues with either.

Firestick seems to be (?) stuck on old tuner… updated channel list not appearing.

When selecting channels or DVR recordings, get audio only. No video.

Strange.

Weird. Try rebooting the fire tv?