NEW: FireTV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Tried to no avail. Also tried removing Channels FTV from stick and cloud and reinstalling. Still no luck. Have stick unplugged now on the low off chance some memory cache is the culprit. Will try again in the morning.

Sounds like you may have installed the DVR on another computer and it’s still running there?

I was able to track down and fix this bug, and have uploaded a new build with the fix.

1 Like

THat could be it. Unfortunately, I cannot find/access the DVR on the other computer (pretty sure I used the terminal script to delete). My connection fails: cannot connect to server.

So reinstalled on the old computer, and then uninstalled on the old computer again from the setup program.

Now when I go to “community.getchannels.com/dvr” the link to connect to my DVR points to the uninstalled version, whereas before it pointed correctly to the new computer. Seems like there is a bug in removing DVR.

FireTV version 2: When I try to watch a channel or recorded program all I get is sound and no picture. I am able to see the guide, on now, and up next with no issues.

Is 1.033 the latest version that you uploaded for testing?

What kind of computer/NAS is it?

Latest version is 1.0.34

Old computer: iMac OSX 10.11.6. New mac: mini mac high sierra (not sure on OS… away from home).

Okay. Sounds like it may be uninstalled this time. The link on your account site should fix itself once in a few hours.

Let me know if your FireTV is finding the correct DVR now or not.

If you access the web UI of your DVR and play a channel from there, does it work?

Yes I It works when I use the web ui for live channels and dvr playback.

Please try playing something on FireTV again, then go to the Settings tab and click Submit Diagnostics

Okay just submitted the diagnostic

Thanks. I saw the bug in the logs, and have uploaded a new build with the fix. Usually takes about an hour for Amazon to process and release it.

My audio only, no video issue resolved with 1.0.35 .

Probably know about this bug, but skip forward when viewing live allows you to progress past “live”, at which point Channels freezes and does not recover until backing out of that channel. Same for fast forward. At least, thats my experience.

1 Like

Please invite. I have amazon fire tv (not just stick).

Thanks

You did not follow the instructions in the first post, so your invite failed.

Invitations for your Live App Test Channels were not sent due to the following:
Number of opted-out addresses: 1 (These addresses have been opted-out of Amazon marketing communications)

Hi - I did set that option in the comms preferences but only that 1 option. Are others needed or maybe it needs some time to update? Could you please maybe try again or tell me which other comms options to select?

Works well for me on my 4K HDR Fire TV. The DVR no longer is transcoding and the picture is great for both H264 and MPEG2 channels. The first version (or two) had significant lip sync issues but the latest is fine. The initial stream buffering is still ~ 10 seconds compared to 4 on the ATV (with or without tuner sharing turned on). The FTV is wired to the same hub as the ATV and connected via ethernet to the DVR and tuners. When the FTV is connected via A/C WiFi there is no difference in buffering times.

Looking forward to the addition of other features such as managing recordings. Currently it can’t be recommended as a reason to switch from the ATV but if you only had a FTV and were prepared to put up with setting recordings from a browser it would work.

1 Like