NEW: Remote DVR Access on iOS

Yep our apps are built for 64-bit only. Making additional 32-bit binaries is a huge hassle, and the older 32-bit CPUs are not good at decoding mpeg2.

On the web interface it is set to hardware, linear. The only thing I ever change is the quality, and its currrntly at 1080p 8mb. For my use on Windows10.

On the iPhone, it works great over internal wifi, but not on cellular. the quality is 240/.3 for cellular and the delacer is linear and decoding is high in the iOS app.

On the DVR web Ui, it should say Deinterlacer: Blend/Linear/Hardware, no? Try hardware deinterlacing.

Any idea how to do it on a Time Capsule? Networking is not my thing!!

Iā€™ve got Public UDP Ports, Public TCP Ports, Private IP Address, Private UDP Ports, and Private TCP Portsā€¦assuming Iā€™m on the correct set-up page :joy:

Side note, is the iPad Mini 3 not supported? It has a 64bit CPU.

I get Tuner Unavailable as well if I try to watch live TV via cellular. Havenā€™t tested over WiFi from a non-home network. My WebUI settings are set to hardware transcoding and hardware deinterlacing.

Public tcp: 8089
Private tcp: 8089
Private IP: (ip of your DVR machine)

All 64-bit devices running iOS 9.3 or later are supported.

Thanks. UDP remain blank?

Sorry, missed the Mini 3 on the ā€˜Compatibilityā€™ section, good news for the wife!

Added it but get the same problemā€¦ā€˜DVR Access Failure. Unable to connect or authorise remove DVR serverā€™.

EDIT - just submitted logs to you,

See, it takes telling me twice to sink in.pitty my wife.

I just set deinterlacer to hardware as well. Still it spins then states ā€œTuner not Availableā€.

Thanks. Can you try turning on the EXTEND transcoder (click on the HDHR on the iOS settings tab and switch transcoder to mobile) and see if it works then.

Logs show that your server is not accessible, so the port forward is not working. Make sure the web UI works remotely and then the app should work as well.

Set extend to mobile in iOS app, same. Submitted diags. We

Thanks.

Web UI is now working (itā€™s really been intermittent) but the app still doesnā€™t work. Iā€™ve tried restarting.

Try visiting http://x.x.x.x:8089/auth/refresh and then try the app again

That didnā€™t work. Submitted logs again.

I switched the DVR back to my Shield to test this, but Iā€™m getting ā€œTuner Not Available.ā€ From my Synology it worked, but the CPU on that is basically crap for transcoding so it didnā€™t work well.

https://stephens.cc/logs/dvr-remote.log

Try updating to latest DVR build for remote live tv fix.

if you manually did port forwarding on the router, did you remember to uncheck ā€œEnable Remote Accessā€ on the DVR?

that caused me problems early on.

Itā€™s on 2017.07.28.2151

Try 2017.07.29.2103 for Shield fix