NEW: Remote DVR Access on iOS

I just noticed that when I am remote and can’t see the tuners and DVR, that screen (I think it mentions demo mode) has text on top of text on my iPhone and makes it kinda unreadable.

Anyway with the new feature in the beta, can we move the remote features up there?
Every time I see that I think “now what”? And have to remember to scroll down for the option.

1 Like

Force updated and tried to play a few channels and it works on cellular. I was getting 30Mbps so I changed the quality around and they all either increased or decreased the quality the way I thought it would. I’ll try stressing it when I’m not running my weekend backups to the cloud.

2 Likes

Remote live TV from the app now works for me on DVR 2017.07.29.2103.

1 Like

Both DVR and iOS beta are on the latest version, but I cannot get the app to work remotely. I can use my browser to access it and watch remotely, but the app gives me the attached message after I authorize it in Safari and returns me to the app.Uploading…

Attaching screenshots from mobile doesn’t seem to be working right now. Anyway, the error says “DVR access failure. Unable to connect or authorize remote DVR server”

Please submit diagnostics from the Settings tab

Will this work over a VPN if I don’t want to expose DVR ports on the public network?

The current implementation uses your public internet ip. Over vpn you should be able to use regular Bonjour discovery, but you would need to change the Home Streaming setting.

1 Like

Yeah it totally threw me off when I was off of wifi and entered the app. I had no clue to scroll down to see the DVR options on my iPhone until I saw your post here! Hope that gets fixed soon! That “No Tuners Detected” long message needs to have smaller font anyways on my iPhone 6s (zoomed view) because it overlaps the first option.

Fantastic speed of development again. On remote connection I can get playback of recordings just fine but live tv comes up with tuner not available error. I noted the advice to set deinterlacing option to hardware on the web ui. My web ui does not have a hardware option for deinterlacing, just linear and blend options. DVR is running on a modern MacBook Pro.

Still not working for me. Server has been upgraded. I’ve just submitted logs again.

Thanks

Send me a private message with your IP from ipchicken.com. Makes sure you can access that ip:8099 via cellular/remote connection as well.

Submitted.

You need to submit after the remote DVR error shows up so I can see what’s causing it.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what I did, but I will do it again now.

Really nice. Got it working in the Beta IOS app w/o issue.

• Should the Login to the Remote DVR have to be done each time you enter the app? Can it be made more persistent ?

• Any chance of this making it to the ATV Beta Soon?

Known issue as mentioned earlier.

We plan to add this to tvOS, but it’s much more complicated there (because of the lack of web browser) so we are focusing on iOS first. No ETA yet.

Working nicely over here (except the aforementioned bug re: logging in).

Thanks for the help with this.

You’re adding remote access to the ATV app?

This has been fixed in the latest beta.

Also fixed.

Working great on both counts.