NEW: Remote DVR Access on iOS

I’m still unable to access live TV from the beta IOS app (I have never been able to make it work). Recordings seem to work fine from the IOS app, and I can access my recordings and live TV using Safari remotely. I have it port-forwarded just fine. Any other tips on how to make this work?

What’s in your log when you attempt?

The log shows nothing during the timeframe I just tried to watch live TV. Here’s the log from a live TV watching session on the MacOS Safari immediately after I tried it on IOS:

2017/09/11 15:59:51 [TNR] Opened connection to 10323CCF for ch2.1
2017/09/11 15:59:51 [HLS] Starting transcoder for channel 2.1 (encoder=h264_videotoolbox, resolution=720, deinterlacer=blend, bitrate=2000)
2017/09/11 16:00:29 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ANY-ch2.1 @ 35.502133s
[mpegts @ 0x7fea2d008000] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 1)
[mpeg2video @ 0x7fea2c4e6a00] invalid cbp -1 at 50 27
[mpeg2video @ 0x7fea2c4e6a00] Warning MVs not available
2017/09/11 16:00:29 [TNR] Closed connection to 10323CCF for ch2.1

I closed the session quickly after determining that I could connect and watch on MacOS.

No other ideas on this?

Besides trying to uninstall and reinstall, I don’t. Maybe send app logs after an attempt?

The app log is above. There was no log entry when I attempted–as I would expect, since it doesn’t even show the tuners available.

I had the same issues in Bali, and know of atleast one issue with the player’s buffer that gets worse as latency increases.

1 Like

I clicked the Link for the beta signup are they still going out? I would like one if possible. :slight_smile:
Thanks

Got it!
Thanks

I’d love to be on that beta too. The old sign up link doesn’t work any more. Thanks!

Will this go public soon? If not I’d like to request a beta invite too. Link says it will send an invite but it never comes. Thx

I am in the same boat where I signed up for this beta but never received the invite email. I posted this issue a few times on this thread but never got a response and assumed the beta is closed.

Shortly after I posted the message above, I got an invite. Thank you.

When I try to access remote DVR from IOS app I get a screen that says “allow GetChannels to Access you DVR remotely”. I say yes and it goes back into the Channels IOS app and instantly says “DVR access failure” “server not found” – I never entered an address for it or anything…

I had DVR port forwarding turned on, in addition to manually having port forwarding on the router. So I disabled the port forwarding on the DVR app.

Please upgrade to the latest DVR build and then enable remote access at the bottom of the Settings tab.

Hello I can’t connect remotely on the new upgraded DVR. I see this in the log

2017/09/30 05:30:43 [ERR] Generating SSL cert failed: failed to generated cert: map[xxx.channelsdvr.net:acme: Error 429 - urn:acme:error:rateLimited - Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for: channelsdvr.net]

Yeah I’m getting the same error. UI on DVR settings tab stuck on “Requesting HTTPS certificate” with the spinner going. Interestingly I do still seem to be able to access the remote DVR on iOS using the latest beta. I am using manual port forwarding (I had already set up TCP&UDP forwarding for 8089 to get previous remote DVR feature working).

> 2017/09/30 07:38:52 [TLS] Requesting certificate for xxx.channelsdvr.net
> 2017/09/30 07:39:13 [ERR] Generating SSL cert failed: failed to generated cert: map[xxx.channelsdvr.net:acme: Error 429 - urn:acme:error:rateLimited - Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for: channelsdvr.net]
> 2017/09/30 07:59:45 http: TLS handshake error from 82.1.198.235:63704: EOF

It looks like the SSL generation isn’t going to work just yet, so I’m going to turn it off.

You should still be able to use remote access without HTTPS, by installing the previous iOS testflight build.

Strange, everything was ok with the new https version until I logout and then back in as tou requested. Now it gives me that « DVR access failure » message.
Cant test anything anymore.

I installed the latest DVR version.

Turned on manual port forwarding as I have 8089 port forwarding turned on on my router.

I now get on startup:

2017/09/30 11:01:00 [SYS] Downloading new version v2017.09.30.0722
2017/09/30 11:01:09 [ERR] Generating SSL cert failed: failed to generated cert: map[xxx.channelsdvr.net:acme: Error 429 - urn:acme:error:rateLimited - Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for: channelsdvr.net]

From IOS beta, I click on “login to remote DVR”, brings me to my ID page that says 'give app permission…" and I click Authorize, it goes back to IOS channels app with an immediate error “DVR Access Failure …a server w/ the specified hostname could not be found.”