NEW: Remote DVR Access on iOS

Were you having issues with PiP when playing back live tv or recordings? Both are working for me…

From recordings, but wouldn’t you know it? Just reinstalled the latest build and both live and recorded TV are working via PiP again. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

DVR v2017.10.06.1807 has a fix for the recording playback issue.

Is recording playback working as expected now?

What about remote streaming? Any more issues?

Any problems to report, or are things working well now?

I updated to the most recent TestFlight and tried connecting remotely. It will switch to safari to authorize then go back to the app, I’ll get a spinning circle, then it won’t connect. I don’t see anything in my logs, but I submitted diagnostics twice.

Does it show an error in the app? Or the circle keeps spinning with no message?

From the diagnostics it looks like port forwarding is not working for some reason

I turned it off and back on when I was at the end of the street and it said it mapped in the log. I’ll just restart everything since I’m not recording anything for a few hours and try again when I go down to get my son.

edit: I just tried again and it worked. #99ProblemsAndUPmPIsOne

2 Likes

Would be interested to et on board the beta as well :blush: Can I get a link?

You invite was sent a few days ago. Check your spam folder for an email from Apple.

Sorry, can’t find it. I searched my entire account

Can you send it again?

Resent

Just downloaded this beta tonight for first time. Doing some playing… I have noticed that because I have a DVR on my MyCloud EX4100 and my Mac Mini, If both are broadcasting over Bonjour then the beta app cannot see the recordings (which I currently only have any on my Mac Mini (external Drive). I know - why would I have 2 DVRs 1 of which with no recordings and Bonjour turned on on the one with no recordings. I asked myself that same question. However. That is what I figured out :slight_smile: So… If I turn off Bonjour on the (technically unused) server then my regular server will show up fine.

THANK YOU!!! LOVE CHANNELS and cannot praise it enough!!!

1 Like

Submitted a few requests for the beta app, no response. Would love to try it out on my mobile devices.

Please test the latest beta build and let us know if any remaining issues with remote DVR access. We are putting the finishes touches on the remote access feature and plan to release it to the app store build soon.

I keep getting the error message “Request timed out” when I try to log in. On like the fourth try it logged me in. Not sure if that’s just me or not.

And there seems to be inconsistent ui depending on different scenarios. Sometimes I just see the settings option in the bottom menu when on cellular and not logged in. But sometimes I see the On Now and Guide as well as Setting in the bottom menu when disconnected. There probably should be a standard here.

And I would love to have an in app browser to confirm/authorize instead of booting me out to safari every time and then leaving a bunch of tabs open. Or no browser at all would be preferred if the app could remember I authorized it once.

The app is supposed to remember your DVR and shouldn’t require login. Sounds like something is still messed up with your port forwarding if its not working reliably. Not sure what you’re doing with VPNs etc…

I’ve tested serveral times and each time has been rock solid! I use the beta as my default app because it’s been so reliable. Can’t wait for it to be in the production version of the app. Great work guys!

2 Likes

I can say that I have had great results with my beta and also use the beta as my production app and can’t wait to have it in the regular release so the rest of the family can use it.

Also, I tested tethering on AT&T wireless hotspot and have not had any problems.

1 Like