NFL Network Stream not found & unsupported encryption method

Went to watch the end of the NFL game on the NFL Network, and I get the error message "Connection Lost (-17). The connection to the tuner was lost. Press play to try again". I went to the Fire TV NFL app and was able to watch there.

Tried removing my source (Vidgo), and readded it to Channels, shows the NFL Channel in the source list as being available, but when I try to tune it in Channels, I get the error.

Is Channels having a problem with the NFL Channel?

Im seeing it too, as well as the redzone.

I think others have seen it the past week or so. The nfl network has been making changes all year. Check this thread out….

I had the London game set to record, but to my surprise woke up this morning with -17 instead of a game to watch :frowning:

Looking at the logs, showing this.... NFL Football: Stream unsupported due to encryption method: SAMPLE-AES

Just went to tune to the NFL Redzone and get the same error, "Connection Lost (-17). The connection to the tuner was lost. Press play to try again".

Same here, looks like it's all related to DRM. Hope its temporary...

NFLREDZONE: Stream unsupported due to encryption method: SAMPLE-AES

Was down for 5 days last time, then back up for 5 weeks.
It's been down again for 2 4 5 6 7 9 11 days so far...

Just wanted to let the devs know that the NFL network is no longer working with TVE it says connection lost.

I don't believe the NFL Network is available on Channels DVR TVE any more, at least I haven't had it available for a while.

Its available it just wont play. I rescan a few times add and took away the source and still no bueno.

It was working up until a couple of weeks ago.

• to this. NFL Network and Redzone have not been working for the past several weeks. Can we get the guide to update/remove these channels if that is the case?

Logs have been submitted as c83acb6b-28f7-4e4e-941b-ed1a4708fbb3 .

Pretty sure the devs aren't being hasty this time.

If you look back in this thread it was removed and then re-added when it started working. If you don't want to see the channel, just disable/hide it. It could come back at any time, or not. Most users can't use Fox 6002, but it hasn't been disabled because a few users still have it working.

I would think it's safe to assume at this point that Channels DVR + NFL Network = no

1 Like

If they disable NFL Network, how will you know if it starts working again?
Or don't you care?

What's so hard about disabling the channel yourself if you don't want the DVR to try recording from it?

If it starts working, I'll know since I have a 5 second test recording scheduled every two hours for the next week.

1 Like

I appreciate what you're doing there, but NFL Network doesn't even exist in my Spectrum Lineup on the Channels DVR source, even though I subscribe.

1 Like

Getting the famous 'Connection Lost (-17)' error when I try watching the NFL Network or Red Zone. Submitted a diagnostic log from the player/client (Fire TV Cube), and from the Channels DVR server ( cbecfa06-9030-4a97-b08c-4362f9660ee9).

Running latest Channels DVR version (2023.10.21.0133), and already tried removing/readding my source (Vidgo) and still get the error. When I look at the source, both have a green checkmark.

Known issue. I moved your post to the current topic.

1 Like

Is support working on NFL Network and Red Zone problem, or is this going to be another TVE channel that will no longer work in Channels?

There is nothing they can do.
The streams are now incompatible with Channels DVR.
If you try to record, you can see it in the log
[DVR] Error running job 1698505260-ch6192 NFL Network 5 second recording: Stream unsupported due to encryption method: SAMPLE-AES