No Hardware Video Driver enabled on latest builds

The hardware video driver is no longer being enabled in the current released version, 4.7.0 or the current beta version. It makes my FireTV Max devices unusable for playing video (Excessive dropped frames causing video to lockup, must restart FireTV to clear). I have verified this problem on my Shield, Google Chromecast TV, Sony Google TV, along with my FireTV Max devices. I sent diagnostics from client.

As a side note, I have noticed the released version app size is double from previous builds on the FireTV Max devices.

Strange I am on the latest beta and it shows hardware hybrid and software.

Have your tried playing a video and looking at stats to see if hardware is actually enabled? I get the options, but I don't get hardware video driver to actually be used during playback.

It shows mpeg2video (mpeg-2 video) (hwdec: mediacodec)

Look down at the bottom of the Video list, you will see Video Driver: For me it is currently blank indicating software only. It should display hardware when it is enabled.

It is blank for me but I see no difference ... no dropped frames.... but you might be right ... I am using a Cube.... which is the most powerful FireTV.

I don't see dropped frames on my Shield or Sony Google TV either, If the processor is fast enough then software driver will work.

my beta version says 4.7.0-v507121012

I also submitted Diagnostics.

EDIT ... something is definitely wrong the Picture is softer not as Sharp when It used Hardware Decoder. There is no way to go back as the Current release and Beta are basically the same.

Mine shows blank as well, set to hardware, ftvcube. If I force set to software I get a black screen with audio only, but I think thats always been the case. In my case It must be using hardware but not showing it?

I am experiencing the same issue on all of my Android clients.

Evidently this is a bad beta and Stable release ... hope developers respond at least to let us know they are looking into it.... usually if I have trouble with the beta I use the Stable release but in this case they both have the same problem.

Did anyone submit diagnostics?

Please test the latest beta apk

Great find @Michael_Birk thanks for quick release @tmm1 @eric

You gotta love this Community.

Beta video shows as hardware, looks good, thanks. I still have issue if I force set to software I get a black screen with audio only, but as I wrote I think that's an older issue, (FireTVCube 3rd Gen)