No minute indicator of progress in show

I find it unusual and at times annoying that there is no minute indicator of progress in a show, only the static "0 min" on the left and the static "## min" on the right, unlike pretty much every other player I use on my iPad. I would have expected the left one to show the progress, so is this a bug?

Thanks,
Kristoffer

1 Like

I was noticing the same thing yesterday. There's also no feedback when you scrub. I'm guessing the times on either side of the bar are supposed to change like the standard iOS video playback interface but they broke at some point.

Nah, this mirrors the tvOS app, except without the current time indicator that’s on the tvOS timeline.

You’re right that this is deficient. We’ll be putting some time into the iOS player design soon and we’ll make sure we address this.

5 Likes

Please consider this as well when looking at the iOS Player design: https://community.getchannels.com/t/move-play-pause-ff-fr-buttons-to-bottom-of-screen/11804

:+1:

Running 4.0.3 on an iOS iPad and it still is missing a current time indicator.
Also, the controls are at the top of the screen still, which is a much longer reach on a 12 inch iPad than if it was at the bottom, at least the way I use it.
Any hope for these issues to be looked at?

:point_up_2:

1 Like

Ah, the player design as opposed to the app design that got a recent overhaul, I see, thanks.

I see changes for the Picture in Picture, but still no minute indicator of progress in a show, and no option to move the controls to the bottom. Is any of this coming on iOS?

The only thing that was released today is PIP. When the player is redesigned, we'll make sure to mention it in the release notes.

1 Like

OK, thanks!

Is there any update on this? I was using my iphone and needed to go to a certain point in a show but realized it still shows a static 0 on the left side of the timeline bar and it doesn't show any time advance when scrubbing.

1 Like