Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

Only wanted to stop by this thread to say thank you very much for making the Pluto/Stirr services available so easily. I was able to get both up and running on my Synology DS920+ in less than 5 minutes.

Using the custom channel URL is exceptionally handy for Pluto, otherwise a few of the default channel numbers conflict with Freeview UK (101 for example) - not to mention they were mixed in amongst the Freeview UK channels and it looked a bit messy in the guide. I prefer to have my Freeview channels listed first / as primary in the guide - then Pluto, then Stirr after that. The custom channel URL allows me to do this and the layout is much friendlier to look at as a result. I used a custom URL for Pluto to start at 5000, and it works great. Stirr starts at 9000 by default with no need for the custom string. No conflicts and so far so good.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for your comments! And you're welcome.

I started this more as a "I wonder if I can figure this out?" project. And when it worked, I realized it could be pretty useful to everyone else using the Docker module.

1 Like

This works great....nice to have some additional channels to choose from.

For sure, it's very useful to Docker users, and actually for me it was the opposite - I've only just got my DS920+ set up and as such I'm not that well versed in Docker yet. This saved me a bunch of time as I don't need to set up containers for these now, and it all just worked immediately. Thanks again!

I've been using the non-docker source for pluto for 6 months now with absolutely no issues. Very grateful for an easy way to add pluto without docker. With that said is there something I need to do on my server to update the EPG or M3U to pick up recently changed or added channels? Specifically, my list of available channels does not list Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune even though they are available on Pluto.tv. I've refreshed the M3U and EPG but that did not make the channels appear.

1 Like

See:

1 Like

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to say that I can't believe it's been an entire year since I started this thread! Seems like just yesterday we ditched Cablevision/Optimum cable (NO CORDS!) for fiber internet service and Channels DVR (ok, maybe one cord). Looks like Channels DVR is here to stay in our home. :wink:

7 Likes

Just as an FYI....here are the recent changes I picked up (subtract 10000 from the channel number to get the Pluto channel) It also picks up when they change the channel name.

10/10/22 10:15 Channel add detected: The Walking Dead Universe channel (10227)
10/10/22 10:15 Channel add detected: CSI: Miami en Español channel (12761)
10/10/22 10:15 Channel add detected: CSI: NY en Español channel (12762)
10/10/22 10:15 Total changes detected: 3 added, 0 deleted
10/03/22 10:15 Channel add detected: Cheaters channel (10837)
10/03/22 10:15 Channel add detected: CBS News Philadelphia channel (13395)
10/03/22 10:15 Channel delete detected: CBS News Philly channel (13395)
10/03/22 10:15 Total changes detected: 2 added, 1 deleted
09/27/22 10:15 Channel add detected: CNN RePlay channel (10415)
09/27/22 10:15 Channel delete detected: CNN channel (10415)
09/27/22 10:15 Total changes detected: 1 added, 1 deleted
09/26/22 12:15 Channel add detected: Hallmark Movies & More channel (10258)
09/26/22 12:15 Channel add detected: The Rachael Ray Show channel (11093)
09/26/22 12:15 Total changes detected: 2 added, 0 deleted

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have had Pluto and Stirr added via this excellent method for a short while now, and everything works great. However, I noticed recently (maybe a couple of weeks back but could have occurred before), that the channel images for Stirr no longer show.

This is reflected in the guide on the Apple TV GUI.

Pluto TV is fine.

Anyone else seeing this? Settings look fine. I haven't tried removing and re-adding the source yet as wanted to check in here first.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just further to the above, if I look at the EPG XML from https://nocords.xyz/stirr/epg.xml and try to copy and paste some of the icon URLs into a browser, for example this one:

I get this error:

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Accessing the URL from a UK IP (Virgin Media).

Access to the channels is still working great though.

Thanks

1 Like

That looks like an issue with the source images from Stirr.. but I'm traveling for the week and I can investigate further when I get back next week.

Can you try using the "custom" link for Stirr and see if the images are available?

I just tried changing it to
https://nocords.xyz/stirr/custom.php?start=10000

The update to the channel numbers is immediately reflected in the guide / line-up, but the images still do not load.

So it seems to behave the same whether I use the custom link or the straight m3u one.

Thank you!

1 Like

What is curious though is if I download the custom m3u file, I can see the source for the image logos is from nocords.xyz rather than that other URL I posted above. If I manually copy and paste one of the nocords.xyz links into a browser, the logo loads.

Anyhow, in the channels backend, if I go to 'manage line-up' and inspect the broken images using the browser, the source for these is still looking to gateway.sinclairstoryline.com which is what seems to no longer be accessible.

I think it must be looking at epg.xml as this file is the one that references gateway.sinclairstoryline.com.

I'm not sure, just putting my findings out there. Probably not explaining them very well!

1 Like

Current settings, just FYI. (now using custom URL):

Is it just me or is this normal for Stirr? If i go to stirr.com and look at their guide, they show the show title and description as expected.

In the channels guide I don't any titles or descriptions.

Stirr.com guide

my Channels guide:

Settings:

1 Like

You holding the remote correctly?
Kidding.
The settings look correct.
Try redownloading XMLTV from the sources dropdown and check the DVR log for errors.

It's just you.

Did that multiple times. Will check logs, any suggestions to look for?

Any suggestions?

Not very helpful… the forum is meant to help each other.

1 Like

Your settings look funky to me. These are mine, and it works perfectly. I suspect since you are trying to FORCE your channels up to above 20000, the epg can't find them.

Try mine just for the heck of it, Reload after making the changes, and RE download the guide (you might need to wait a few minutes after the full guide download, for it to index). See if you now magically get proper guide. IF YOU DO, then we need to figure out why YOUR custom settings are causing issues with the guide data matching.