Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

Your previous post about that and VLC made me dig deeper in to why I never have had subs or CC in ChannelsDVR, but he did in Tivimate. I did change the user agent in Tivimate, and most channels do work. FWIW, I'm on an Nvidia Shield Pro, evidently he's on another device, judging by his added "ENGLISH" selection in the CC dialogue he posted a pic of.

Long story short, it makes me wonder if a feature request is in order, or even possible, for CHDVR? It seems to be as simple as making your user agent "VLC" to make CC and subs work for Pluto when using Tivimate.

Also, apologies for veering off-topic here, I just happened to recall past Pluto/CC/subtitle posts and also have an oddball limited use for Tivimate, so I decided to investigate.

I get this both with my U.S. VPN server connected and with my non-U.S. local ISP connection.

I have access to various kinds of connections and servers. Is there any way to solve this problem?

When I click your link above in my browser, it successfully downloads the .m3u file. But when I try to set up the corresponding links within Channels DVR, I get the following:

Screenshot_2

Sounds like cloudflare blocked your VPN IP. It is sometimes a risk when using that. Some of these VPNs are honeypots so using it may not work well with Pluto as it uses cloudflare to detect them

1 Like

Got the same failures when I switched off my VPN and connected with my non-U.S. local ISP internet connection.

You might have to do the old router reset trick to get a new IP...and also clear dns cache

If that doesn't work, that means Pluto don't serve your non-US area

Based on the error you posted above, you are still being routed through DigitalOcean, which is a VPN node. You still have something routing you through there, so once you turn that off, it should work. Who is your native ISP?

Specific IP addresses are not blocked. Only suspicious datacenters that host malicious VPN nodes are. So just 'resetting' a router to get a new IP address is not the solution here.

1 Like

I had so many issues in the past with PIA as a VPN that it's usually always off on my server/HTPC unless I happen to be web surfing or such from the couch. Spectrum cable has annoyed me enough in the past that I refuse to let them have any more data on me than is possible.

Emby and Channels reaching out for data are the only exceptions, and only because on occasion it would fail because of the VPN.

1 Like

The image I posted earlier was an error message I got when using the Digital Ocean VPN server. I tried the same with my native non U.S.ISP connection, and got a similar but non-Cloudflare error error message when trying to set up the links in Channels, saying the linked source couldn't be found.

It was this one:

Screenshot_2

For me to investigate further, I would need you to DM me the first three numbers of your IP address.

Sent via DM, as requested.