Not Authorized -- Periodic Issue

Periodically when tuning to a TVE channel, I get a "not authorized" screen. When this happens, I have to go to the server, remove the source, and add it again and all is well. I gather this probably happens when DirecTV changes something on their end.

This is not a huge deal but it does not pass the bus test. My family would have no idea what to do if I weren't around when this happens.

Any chance of having this resolve itself automagically?

Please go to Help > Submit Diagnostics on the dvr web UI

Done. Submitted as 299637f1-59de-4bd0-a919-716843eda77c

Are you only using DirectTV as your TVE tuner source?

Actually no. I also use my Locast account but never have an issue with it.

@tmm1 - Any thoughts on this? Do I have something configured incorrectly?

This has been fixed in the latest build. It was an issue with DTV

FWIW, I see this issue about once a month with FuboTV. Will the fix you've just implemented address Fubo as well?

Yes a similar fix was made for Fubo recently.

1 Like

Nice. Thanks!

Just updated to 2020.05.15.0133 and now I am getting a not authorized for BTN, I tried deleting and reinstalling the Cox TVE source and BTN will still not authorize, I can use the Fox Sports app with the same credential and stream BTN just fine, any ideas?

BTN issue is known:

Ok, Thanks, I’ll wait for a fix

Big10 working for me now on YTTV. Didn't work for the past week.

Hi all, I know it has been reported that there is an issue with BTN, but I wanted to add it does not work with a DirecTv login. It works on the website, but comes up as not authorized in channels. Tried rescanning individual channel in website and doesn't fix it. Running latest build 2020.05.20.0521. Thanks for looking into this @tmm1 and others.

Fix for BTN is coming in the next pre-release build.

Same thing with NBCBA /California with YTTV and Dish logins working on websites but not in Channels

1 Like

And, also NFL Network. I had issues with that one last week.

If you are having issues with a channel, please include the TVE provider that you are having problems with. Also, please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Sent...YTTV and Dish not able to get NBCBA / Calif to authenticate