Not available for live streaming _Discovery Networks

I am seeing lots of the screen on Discovery Networks, especially the Disc Life Channel late at night. Just found my mother asleep on the couch in front of TV tuned to Disc. Life and its been showing the screen "Discovery Life GO. This program is not available for live streaming. You can still catch up on all your favorite shoes on-demand". and that moving light effect thing.

Checking the camera i have in livingroom, been on that screen for over 2 hrs.
2 am to 4am Central.
I tuned to that channel on my Shield and got the same screen. Did not go away or load program that was on "Untold Stories of the E.R.)

Submitted diags from the server.
ac82956e-5c2d-4690-9602-a1ae0f5ee5ff

Can anything be done to mitigate this? Or is this a thing from the source stream that can not be controlled? Is it perhaps a time of day type thing when they choose to lock out streaming certain programs from the TVE stream? It happens from time to time during the day, but it has only been up for like 5 secs max, then the program comes on.

I don't feel that would be acceptable or legal to block certain programs, since one has to pay for the CATV or stream service to even be able to log into the TVE live stream feed or app.

You can try watching on their official app or their website to compare. We just display the stream directly and don't have any control over what's being transmitted by them.

I did try the channel in the Philo app and it was showing the program.
When i tried the Discovery Family Life website stream, i clicked Philo as provider, but it did not prompt me for credentials to log in. (maybe it auto logged in from browser cookies?)
I got a ad or commercial and then Commercial Break screen...not the same screen of "Not available.." but i did not look at the online stream for more than maybe 5 secs...

I have reported the not available in your area screen and I have seen this error as well. Both for me go away after about 5 seconds if I don't touch anything.

I am using FuboTV.

Yeah I recall the thread on it somewhere and me even saying that it comes and goes as well but I couldn't seem to find that thread.

Normally it does come and go but for some reason late at night like at 2:00 in the morning I noticed it is on constantly in this case anyway. This is the only time I've seen it stay on.I never would have noticed if it weren't for the fact that my mother was watching TV late night and had fallen asleep in front of the TV that was stuck on that same screen for 2 hours.

lol. didnt come up in search. o well.

Also, Discovery LIFE especially, is doing that frequent close out or "crash" back to top of Guide page very often. Most often during the commercial breaks, but does do it randomly during the actual program.

This is on the Nvidia Shield tube model, and Channels is using Software decoder, which seems to be the most overall stable setting to use, as had issues with some or certain channels, using Hardware or Hybrid.

I can verify it's not Channels. I just got the same Not available for livestreaming message on the Discovery Go app on my tablet.

I just tuned Discovery Channel (Spectrum) via channels TVE tuner without issue.

This happens on the Discovery app as well. It normally goes away after 20-30 seconds. It's done this for years. Has nothing to do with Channels, it's in the stream.

No. the issue of it crashing back to the Guide page IS a CHannels issue, that was what my last post was. That happens sometimes when this messages comes up or when it tries to load back into the programing

The Not avaible for live stream screen that stays up and does not goaway is on the strem it self yes, but, there has to be a Channels issue in there cause most of the time, if it does not go away, closing and reloading the channel in Channels, makes it work, while the playback in the app is not affected.

However, in the once case i have had so far, where in fact, at 2am and 3am, the program being aired on D. Life, both the Channels app and the D.Life app showed not available for live stream the entire time the programs were on, BUT, when i tuned to that same station via Xfinity's online TV streaming site, using the same credentials that I use in Channels for TVE, through there, the program was on and showing fine for the full 2hrs. As far as i understand it, all 3 of these sources use the same raw stream from the network it self.

I replied to your first post and I see that all the time on both D app and Channels. I wasn't referring to your other post, just the first.