OliveTin for Channels: An Interface for Misc Channels DVR Scripts & Tricks

I've just tested out your script via OliveTin, and it worked well. Very exciting development, thanks for sharing it. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

So, now that our little Mina is fairly stable for the time being, I tested your Channel Collection Tool in Olivetin. That works pretty slick and easy. Thank you!

I use the fix thumbnails script in OliveTin and it seems to be working except a small percentage of my videos end up with a black thumbnail.

I assume the script is based on the work by @maddox so maybe I should post the question over there.

Any ideas of what is going on here?

@themediaguy, would you mind sharing your script to start Victory Plus? I haven't had a chance to try automating it yet so have been starting it manually. With Victory Plus being on demand and serving multiple teams, I wasn't hopeful there would be a reliable way to start the Stars games.

I started getting an error tuning to TWiT quite long ago, and removed it from my collections. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn’t have time to check logs, etc. I’m now sitting down to try to troubleshoot, and the TWiT item in the OliveTin menu is green, but when I go in to kill the process by entering a “0” in the interval box, I get this error:

parse "1": invalid URI for request

OliveTin is pulling in the correct address for my Channels server.

I get that same error no matter what I put in the “Interval” box (4h, etc.), and I can’t get the TWiT box to not be green. There are no other log entires I can see in the OliveTin interface — I have the above message under “Standard Output” and nothing else . I checked for a log file on the server itself and find a TWiT.log, but all it contains is “60000=TWiT Tech Podcast Network”, and it is dated a few weeks ago.

I also have last_activity.log, which is the only log item I see with today’s date, but it only tells me the server version, that there were no changes found in any source, and when the next check is.

Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Yes, FWIW, unfortunately TWiT ended their persistent livestream last year:

They still livestream on a schedule though.

Ah, thanks. Any idea how to stop the process in OliveTin? I presume that is why it is persistently green.

Sorry, I don’t, but I’m sure @bnhf will be able to explain soon :slight_smile:

FWIW, even if the YouTube/Twitch livestream is no longer 24/7, the XMLTV converted from their .ics calendar should still load fine. These are separate files.

0 should kill any active process -- then refresh the page.

Yes. OliveTin is just running the @maddox script.

That, in the “Interval” box, gives me the same “parse "1": invalid URI for request” when I run it (click “Start” after putting in the 0) , and the box on the main page remains green after a refresh.

OK, I'll check it out when I get home. A couple of driving days ahead before that happens. I'll get back to you.

I believe I duplicated what you're seeing:

That's telling you you have an invalid URL for the healthchecks.io "ping". Instead of entering 1 for the healthchecks.io value, you should either leave the default in there which is (this is a dummy value and is equivalent to "none"):

https://hc-ping.com/your_custom_uuid

or your actual healthchecks.io URL (if you set one up). Either way, there has to be a valid URL format in that field, or the "kill" is never processed. You're basically failing at the field validation level, so the script never runs.

Thanks. That enabled me to stop the TWiT process. I don't recall ever changing the healthchecks_io field, but putting "https://hc-ping.com/your_custom_uuid" in there let me run it without error, and then a page refresh confirmed it worked. Thanks!

Olivetin worked great on my old synology nas but for some reason I can't get it to work on my new model. Unfortunately I deleted the stack in portainer that I had been using after it wouldn't initially work, but I think I set it up how it was before and it still isn't working.

Everything works up until I run the check/try to do anything and I get this.

EDIT:
I had to check to affirm my own sanity and yes, the nas can ping itself from itself.

Try using the Docker internal gateway as your IP address, and see if that makes a difference. So, instead of 192.168.1.2, use 172.17.0.1. This assumes CDVR is running on the same Synology NAS as OliveTin.

That was it! Thank you!

I tried to do a new stack in Portainer extension in Docker the stack option is no longer there any help would be appreciated to fix it I am running on Macos.

Thanks

The Portainer extension, installed through Docker Desktop, is not the full version. Uninstall that, then from Terminal:

docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 -p 9443:9443 --name portainer \
    --restart=always \
    -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
    -v portainer_data:/data \
    cr.portainer.io/portainer/portainer-ce:latest

Thanks