On Later coming to Android TV?

Great. Thanks for letting me know. I had to dig a FireTV 4K out of the closet to reproduce. I don't really understand what Amazon is doing that causes different devices to render things completely differently.

1 Like

Perhaps it's related to their piss-poor QA for hardware decoding, such as their 2yr WONTFIX for H.264 interlaced content ...

... but then again we're just plebes ...

Are there plans to add an indicator to the On Later and Guide screens for episodes/movies that already exist in the library? I use On Later to find movies to record, but end up with duplicates because it is impossible to tell if something has already been recorded.

3 Likes

Omg thats a brilliant idea.
+1

1 Like

Looks good. I would appreciate air dates on the main On Later page. I would prefer them to always show but there seems to be a thumbnail-only theme here. I would also appreciate them to include the day-of-the-week instead of the year: e.g. "Fri Sept 30".

1 Like

I have three Apple TV boxes and I love the "On Later" feature. It's great that this feature has come Android. However, I am not seeing this feature on my NVidia Shield. Should I be looking in a different location? I did try updating the app.

Thanks,
Larry

Did you install the beta app under Settings > Support ?

With all the posts here, I somehow missed the detail that it was a beta feature. :man_shrugging: Thank you, installed and working. This is a great feature!
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but will there also feature like on the Apple TV where you can click on a channel and see on later for just that channel?

Thank you!

Sweeeeeet! I just noticed the On Later tab in my Android TV app! LOVE IT!!!! I was waiting for this

Yes.

2 Likes

Google/Android TV and Android Mobile are not honoring the Global Client Settings:

And yes:

• There is no override at the device level
  • I have toggled the setting on and off
  • I have restarted the devices/server
  • I am on all the latest betas

Try out the new build:

2 Likes

How do you see it?

I’m in the guide using the beta version of Channels. How do I get to the on later for the specific channels?

1 Like

Click the channel on the guide

I can’t scroll to the left to highlight the channel.

Can confirm that both of those are working!

I just tested this with the latest beta on Android TV and it had no issue scrolling to the left to highlight a channel. Are you sure you were on the October 4th beta? When I checked yesterday afternoon it had not propagated on the Play Store yet.

It’s working. I updated.

The current beta looks great! Thank you, Aman!

--
Larry

With the latest beta, you can now Fine Tune your On Later within the app.

3 Likes

Awesome work!

1 Like