On Later coming to Android TV?

To clarify the Up Next behavior I'm seeing:

• Broken selection in Up Next top-level tab
  • Working selection in Up Next section of Library tab (the first nine)
  • Broken selection after opening More from Library tab > Up Next section > More

Mine is on v2022.09.29.0226 and it is working so if anything was released after I will wait to update.

I am not seeing any new problems in the Library using the latest version v2022.09.29.0228. Tested on a Firestick 4k Max and my Sony Google TV. Maybe I have something configured differently.

3 Likes

Guess I will update ...

@miles Please submit diagnostics from the app

With the latest beta, On Later now also works on Android phones and tablets.

2 Likes

@tmm1 I just submitted some more app diagnostics (still on v2022.09.29.0228) after navigating through (1) Up Next top-level tab, then (2) Up Next section of Library tab, and then (3) More from Library tab > Up Next section > More, while attempting to open tiles (unsuccessfully in (1) and (3)).

d7bb78c2-388a-4dc9-8a03-84cef6a9a735

(Same issues on v2022.09.29.2023)

What remote are you using?

The stock remote that came with the Fire TV Stick 4K ("Mantis"), model L5B83H.

Installed latest beta, but my Android phone and tablet are not able to run the app. They app crashes back to the open app screen. I tried clearing the cache and data, also tried reinstalling from released app. Can't seem to make it work at all.

@miles @Michael_Birk please try the new beta

Working good for me now. On later button upper right corner, nice!

2 Likes

That fixed it, thank you! Selection works again in the More views on my Fire TV Stick 4K.

1 Like

Great. Thanks for letting me know. I had to dig a FireTV 4K out of the closet to reproduce. I don't really understand what Amazon is doing that causes different devices to render things completely differently.

1 Like

Perhaps it's related to their piss-poor QA for hardware decoding, such as their 2yr WONTFIX for H.264 interlaced content ...

... but then again we're just plebes ...

Are there plans to add an indicator to the On Later and Guide screens for episodes/movies that already exist in the library? I use On Later to find movies to record, but end up with duplicates because it is impossible to tell if something has already been recorded.

3 Likes

Omg thats a brilliant idea.
+1

1 Like

Looks good. I would appreciate air dates on the main On Later page. I would prefer them to always show but there seems to be a thumbnail-only theme here. I would also appreciate them to include the day-of-the-week instead of the year: e.g. "Fri Sept 30".

1 Like

I have three Apple TV boxes and I love the "On Later" feature. It's great that this feature has come Android. However, I am not seeing this feature on my NVidia Shield. Should I be looking in a different location? I did try updating the app.

Thanks,
Larry

Did you install the beta app under Settings > Support ?