Option to not Combine TVE Channels

Can combining TVE Channels with the regular channels be optional in the Clients ?

For Example ...

TNT I prefer watching movies etc ... with 5.1 sound.
Basketball I do not care so I do not want to tie up a regular tuner ... Stereo Sound will do.

If not combined I can scroll down and select the TVE TNT.

Also Live NEWS I prefer using TVE.

Forgot one more thing .... in XFINITY

How does Channels Decide what channels to combine for example 780 WETV and 6089 WETV show the exact same shows but it is not combined yet 754 TNT and 6036 TNT are Combined ???

In whatever client you use, go to Tuners and add the version of the channels you want from each tuner to your favorites. I have my local networks as favorites on my Quattro and other favorites coming from my Prime. Same basic idea as you. Using the Quattro for local channels frees up tuners for other cable channels.

1 Like

Thanks I will look into that ... I have enough OTA tuners that I have those channels disabled in my Cable tuners.

Yeah that is simple enough to toggle favorites and all.

Thanks Mike that works.

yea. I took the time to go through and disable the OTA or TVE channels i did not want, or compared and leave enabled the version that is better. I have a couple TVE channels that are in HD, but the OTA versions are SD...for example.

Back when i had a HDHR Prime and Cable, for whatever reason, some channels would be combined in the guide, while other were not. Despite having identical guide(programming) data.
Again, took time to manually sort and check things, though at the time, it was easy, cause it was all done globally via the sever GUI, and the clients all would sync up and match that, but that feature is not more, but a manual sync process fro Android tv.
Now that i have just OTA and TVE, a couple channels remain to show both..PBS Kids it he most annoying one. always has shown as 2 channels in the guide for some reason.

What I did thanks to mike's Suggestion is clear the data on my Client ... it resynced with the DVR Server ... all my HDHomerun channels are favorites ... no TVE Channel is favorited at my server.

I made sure XFINITY TVE is above all my tuners in the Client and simply favored the ones that I want to use TVE when watching. Problem solved :grinning: Changed my guide to favorites.

Favored mostly news channels.

1 Like

I have multiple TVE and Locast, and I only want to use one specific TVE for certain channels (local sports networks), Locast for local news channels, and the other TVE for all other channels. To disable channels from a certain source, do I enable the :no_entry_sign: icon next to each individual channel in each respective source? On all clients, they'll only stream from the single source that is not :no_entry_sign:, correct? Thanks for your help, as it seems like the source prioritization sometimes doesn't work well.

Regardless of who you get access from, all TVE channels stream from the same source: the networks’ websites.

So if you have both Philo and Fubo set up as TVE providers, and you want to watch Discovery, it does not matter whether you choose the TVE Discovery from Philo or Fubo, because Channels goes to Discovery’s website to get the stream.

The only role your provider plays for TVE channels is authenticating. Once you have an authorization token/cookie for a particular channel, the provider is completely irrelevant.

Even though I have multiple TVE sources, for example Cox and Xfinity, I can’t specify which TVE source is used for which channel (eg, ESPN and ESPN2)? What’s the point of the :no_entry_sign: button for each channel in each source then? Or what’s the point of source priority for that matter?

For different types of sources. OTA, cable, Locast, TVE ... many (most?) users are using HDHR tuners, and sometimes you want to arrange priorities against them. (And it's great to have one set of priorities for the clients, and a reverse set of priorities for the DVR, to ensure that the highest quality tuner is always used and available for recording.)

Disabling a channel should still work.

Thanks. This is what I’m hoping. I want to use one TVE (Xfinity) for only the local sports channels / regional sports networks. Then, use the other TVE for cable channels. Then, use Locast for locals only.

FWIW, it seems that Xfinity has some anti-piracy measure and locked us out of our TVE after too many authentications. This is why I’m trying to restrict the channels each TVE source authenticates to.

I wonder if Xfinity and Channels and chroot aren’t playing nice. I haven’t readded Xfinity as a TVE source after the password reset, but I’ve been running the latest pre release builds.

Seems like lots of users experience issues with Xfinity per Getting Cable provider authentication failed with xfinity. Aside from restricting channels used with Xfinity using the :no_entry_sign: button, do you have any other ideas?

Many issues have this issue with Comcast.

A few threads on the issue.